Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

          “Hi, Casey.”

          “Hi.” I looked down.

          “How are you?” she sat across from me and Medina left again.

          “Okay…you? Wondering how this conversation was going to go.

          “Casey, really, how are you really? She got kind of serious but sympathetic.

          “Horrible.” I started crying again.

          “Oh, sweetheart.” She leaned in and rubbed her hand on my thigh. All the sudden my stomach began to drop again I ran across the hall into the bathroom and I felt Mrs. Lawson not to far behind me. I got sick again and it was continuous, I hate this, but seconds after I ran into the stall I felt someone hold my hair back and move their hand up and down my back. After 5 minutes it stopped and I flushed the toilet and leaned up against the wall, I was to dizzy to stand.

          “Are you okay?” Mrs. Lawson was the one who was here, I recognized her when my vision started returning to normal, but her curly blonde hair was a give away.

          I nodded and folded my knees with my hands around my ankles and my head on my knees. She moved over next to me and put my hair into a loose bun. About a minute later my head was in the toilet again, she resumed gently going up and down my back and pushed my bangs out of the way. It seemed like she knew I was going to be sick again. About 2 minutes later I was back in my previous position.

          “How are you feeling?” Mrs. Lawson asked 5 minutes later.

          “Okay.” I mumbled.

          “Dizzy?” I nodded, “That’s normal, take your time.” I closed my eyes. Another 5 minutes passed and I looked up, “Thank you.” I managed to say.

          “You’re welcome.”

          “Why did you stay though?

          “Because when I was in your situation the only person I could trust was my English teacher.”

          “You were pregnant at 15?” I tried sounding like I didn’t know.

          “Yeah, my teacher helped me through it.”

          “I don’t see how I am going to do it.”

          “You will, and I am here for you if and whenever you need me Casey.”

          “Thank you, you can leave if you want, I don’t want to keep you here while I totally lose my guts.”

          “No, it’s okay. I’ll be here for as long as you need me to.” I smiled slightly.

          “Feeling any better?”

          “Honestly, no, so I wouldn’t leave yet.” I joked, but boy was ever correct. I tossed once more consecutively for 10 minutes, the longest ever and unusual. During which the bell rang and I heard the bathroom door open and I heard Mrs. Lawson say “Anna” but that was all. I sat up and my vision was so blurry I could see nothing. I tried to rub my head and it started going away and all I saw was Mrs. Lawson and Mrs. Jones outside the stall talking, and yet again my head was in the toilet and from what I felt one was holding my hair and the other was rubbing my back. This one wasn’t too long but would it ever end? When I finally finished I was so tired and I faintly heard my name being called and some “Are you okay?” When I gained back my vision they were both sitting across from me. I nodded, I couldn’t speak yet. I closed my eyes again.