Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

          “Morning Casey, how are you?” Mrs. Jones asked as I walked in.

          “Tired.” I yawned. I was so tired because I was up all night with my head in the toilet.

          “How was the rest of yesterday?”

          “I spent most of it with my head in the toilet I was glad Nick was holding my hair back because there was no way I could, thank you for that yesterday by the way.”

          “Awe, sweet heart. I’m sorry, I know this is going to be rough for you.”

          “Yeah I know and I have half of my teachers hating me because I am pregnant.”

          “No they don’t.”

          “Yeah they do, Mr. Jay, Coach, my study hall teacher and probably Mr. Tony. They are always giving me dirty looks.”

          “I am sorry, they shouldn’t be so judgmental. Just don’t take offense to them. You have us I promise you that.”

          “Thank you.” I sat in my seat and took out my Chemistry things.

          “Hopefully I won’t have to leave unexpectedly.” I laughed.

          “Well you know where the bathroom is.” She joked back.

          When everyone piled in and class started I got a few awkward glares. I heard the girls gossiping behind me, “Did you see her run out yesterday? Oh my gosh, and everyone has been saying she was knocked up by Nick Bowman!!!” They whispered acting like I couldn’t he them. They kept saying how funny it was how I was knocked up, yet they won’t be completely positive for another few weeks. The girls from the table beside me were giggling reading a note passed by the girls behind me.

          “Girls, what is so funny?” Mrs. Jones asked getting angry.

          “Nothing.” They tried hard not to laugh.

          “Oh really, well if it is so funny why don’t you just share with the class what your note says, or I will.”

 They stood up and the one girl said, “Well, as if you all didn’t know Casey Nelson was knocked up by Nick Bowman…” that was all I heard before I started flying out of the door, “Casey!” Mrs. Jones yelled after me but I was already down the hall and out the door of the school. I had no idea what part of the school I was outside of but I sat on a bench and caught my breath. I buried my face into my heads and cried. I can’t believe people were spreading rumors about me. Don’t they have lives of their own? Apparently not if they were invading mine. I sat on the bench and just faintly cried and crisscrossed my legs. “Casey? What’s wrong?” I looked up and saw Erica, “I kind of just want to be alone Erica.”

“What happened?”

“Nothing I just want to be alone.” 

“Fine.” She stormed away. Great, could this day get any better? I was getting rumors spread around me and my best friend is mad at me. Maybe I should go home and never return. I got up to go walk away and someone grabbed my shoulder. I shrugged their hand off and kept walking, “Casey? Where are you going?” Mr. Medina I recognized his voice. I turned around, “What do you care.”

“What’s wrong? Why were you crying?” He came up to me.

“Nothing. I just want to go home.”

“Casey, come with me.” He led me into the building down to his office. I didn’t have much of a choice.

“What is going on?” I sat down.