Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

            Wow, it could be any day now, I got more and more excited every day.

            “Nick?”

            “Yeah?”

            “What’s todays date?”

            “24th, wh…”He trailed off, “Due date.”

            “Oh my god…this is crazy, should I stay home today?”

            “No, let’s go to school, you are going to miss enough school when the baby is born. If anything happens today, you get someone to get me or call me. Okay?”

            “Okay, well let’s get ready, today could be a big day.”

            I was so nervous but so excited that today I could have this baby. It was a crazy awesome feeling. I was so excited.

            “Morning!!!” I said excitedly walking into Chemistry.

            “Good morning, I was sure you weren’t going to be here today.”

            “Well, I decided if anything happens, it happens. Right?”

            “Right.” The bell sounded and I went to go sit down. I really got so excited, since about a week ago all of my teachers let me leave class 5 minutes earlier to beat the mob. I started walking to Global slowly.

            “Morning Ms. Jackson.”

            “Morning Casey, I was sure you were going to be out today.”

            “Nope, same thing as I said to Mrs. Jones, If something happens it happens.”

            “Well, that’s good. Best of luck Casey.” I nodded as a thanks.

            Shockingly this class went by so fast, normally it is pretty slow. Geometry was the same conversation with Mr. Smith. All we did in class today was study for the final. Then the phone rang and I was called down to Mr. Medina’s office.

            “Hey Mr. Medina, you wanted to see me?”

            “Yes, please have a seat.”

            “What can I do for you?”

            “Well since I know today is your due date and I saw you are here, I figured I should discuss with you what you would like to do about your final exams, I basically figure since we end on the 12th of June you won’t be returning for the rest of the year. So, I have an alternate date during the summer where you can take them in a 1 or 2 day duration.”

            “Okay, I think the 2 day would make it easier on me a bit.”

            “Okay, well the alternate dates are July 5th and 6th. Your teachers will be proctoring you, it will only be you and maybe one or 2 other students but I doubt that.”

            “Okay, no problem there.”

            “Okay, that’s covered, and I have already put down Absent Excused on your attendance, so it will not count against you.”

            “Thank you Mr. Medina, and I believe the bell just sounded if my ears aren’t deceiving me, so if we are all set I will be heading back to class.”