Chapter 4

Chapter 4

          Okay, it was just the end of lunch, I left the cafeteria and went to C4 it was only a small conference room, I hid in the closet and locked it. I waited about 5 minutes and I heard 2 women walked in, it must have been Mrs. Parcel and Mrs. Stratton because they are the only ones who wear heels that click on the floor.

          “Why do you think the teachers called us to be in this meeting?” Ms. Parker walked in, I recognized the voice.

          “I guess this is about Casey Nelson.” Mrs. Parcel said.

          Within 5 minutes all the teachers were in the room. I peeked through the keyhole and saw all the teachers sitting at the round table. I got kind of tense.  I was really nervous to hear what was going to happen.

          “So Dave, why did you call us here?” Ms. Parker asked.

          “Well, I do think Anna knows but Casey shared some brief information to me earlier, and I felt the need to bring it to attention.”

          “Oh, uh, yes I do, actually, her and I have sort of been talking a bit throughout the year, and yes as Dave said I do know what he is talking about. It certainly does need to be brought to attention, you know sense her mother is gone.” Mrs. Jones said.

          “Yes, we all knew about that however, what could have happened now?” Mrs. Stratton asked.

          “Well you see, Casey is uh…” Mr. Smith started saying.

          “Pregnant.” Mrs. Jones finished.

          “Oh dear, poor kid.” Ms. Jackson was startled.

          “What is she going to do?” Mrs. Parcel asked.

          “I can try and talk to her, maybe I can get her to tell me herself and we can talk about it.” Ms. Parker said.

          No way I was NOT talking the social worker. I didn’t even need Mr. Medina. I had my ‘family’ and that was all I needed, and this baby, I was going to be this baby’s mother and that is all I need. I didn’t need anyone else. I felt like I could scream!

          “Laura, why haven’t you said anything?” Ms. Jackson asked.

          “I… I think her and I should talk, heart to heart.” She said.

          “Why you?” Mrs. Jones asked.

          “Because, I was I her situation.” She stared blankly at the table, however she knew exactly what she was talking about.

          “What do you mean?” Mr. Smith asked.

          “I was pregnant at 16 too.”

          “I thought you didn’t have any children?” Mrs. Parcel asked.

          “Because I gave him up for adoption…15 years ago.”

          I was totally shocked, Mrs. Lawson?! SHE was pregnant, at 16?! What the heck.

          “What?” Ms. Parker asked I shock.

          “Yeah, with Andy, that’s how we ended up married, but we couldn’t keep Aaron we were too young, I just wonder how she is going to do it.”

          “Maybe you should talk to her…” Mr. Smith said.

          Oh man, I knew this was going to happen, this should be a fun year…or next few months, or the rest of my life.