Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

            I got up that morning and said, “I am six months today.”

            “Is it normal to count the months down?” Nick laughed.

            “Yes. It’s exciting, however I look like I swallowed a water melon.”

            “No, you look beautiful.” I turned to me.

            “I can’t wait until I’m not fat anymore.” I laughed.

            “You aren’t fat, you are carrying beautiful life.” He tried to reassure me.

            “Well, it is Friday, and then we have the whole weekend to get baby things. So let’s get ready.”

            “Okay.” We got up and each had a shower and a small breakfast and headed out for school. On our way to school I was telling Nick that Erica and I became friends again. He seemed happy to know I had my best friend again, even though I knew he didn’t like her that much. We got to school and I was so thrilled to see that the school wasn’t so hot. I had been so hot for the last few days. It was in the middle of February and I wore a tank top to school under my jacket. In normal winters, for me, I would be freezing to death.

            Every time I entered Chemistry I would think about how funny it would be if Mrs. Jones and I had our babies on the same day. I know my due date is a week before hers but it could still happen, and whenever I would enter English I would think about how happy I was to have Mrs. Lawson be there for me. I was sure Mrs. Jones would be too, and Ms. Tyler. Then I started to think, would it be awkward to have all teachers at the time you give birth? Yeah, it would be but it is my life style. Without these teachers I would be nothing. I didn’t honestly care, as long as this baby was healthy and happy my life was complete, and it would be complete in 3 months. I was so excited.

The day went by so slowly, today was the only day I wanted to go by fast and it doesn’t. I couldn’t wait to pick out baby clothes, gender neutral of course. I wasn’t sure what else we were buying, Nick had many things in mind and I couldn’t think of any of them.

I sat in study hall and wrote a list of things I needed to get over the weekend and my future doctors’ appointments. The period never wanted to end, every time I looked at the clock only 5 minutes had gone by. The bell finally sounded and I walked out the door to find Nick by his truck. Every now and then I got awkward stares from people because of my huge stomach but I just didn’t care.

“Hey how was your day?” He asked and opened my door.

“Fine, how was yours?” I slid in with a little help from Nick.

“Fine, I was waiting for this day to be over, I am excited to go shopping.” I smiled as he got into the driver side.

“Me too, I put a list together of some stuff we should get, so I am happy I got paid today.” I laughed.

“Ha, I have been saving money for a while, I have about 500 dollars.”

“Damn, hahaha. Well are we ready?” He nodded and drove off. It only took 10 minutes to get to Baby World. We got out and entered the store, surprisingly there were only like 5 people in here, considering it was a huge store.

“Hi guys, how can I help you today?” A woman looking to be about mid 30s came up to us.

“We are just baby shopping, we already have a crib, changing table and a few toys and such, and a rocking chair.” The rocking chair was given to me by my teachers, they are so sweet.