Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

            The next thing I heard was the sounds of the airline lady announce we were five minutes from landing. I felt the plane slowly falling towards the ground for departure. How would I find him? I had no idea what he would even look like. I haven’t seen him, talked to him or anything for 7 years. Soon we were exiting the plane doors and setting off to find the people who were awaiting us. I looked around the lobby hoping to see a familiar face, but my eyes wouldn’t catch any familiar faces. I sat on a bench hoping someone would come to find me, I waited 5 minutes and no one. I heard the loud speaker come on and I faintly heard, “Casey Nelson to the main desk,” I bet he had no idea what I looked like either. I walked over to the desk and saw a man not facing me leaning against it. Suddenly he turned around, “Hi Casey.”

            “H..hi.” I stuttered, he didn’t look different at all, his hair was short and light brown and he had brown eyes.

            “How are you?”

            “Okay, you? And Jaycee?”

            “Good, are you ready?”

            “Yeah.” I couldn’t say much, I was stunned. We started driving to wherever he lived.

            “How is your mom?” He asked.

            “What did she tell you she was sending me here for?”

            “She said she couldn’t financially support you right now.”

            “Wow.” I shook my head. He didn’t say anything else because we arrived at a hotel. I wondered if this was where he lived.

            I followed him into the elevator and he pressed to go to the 4th floor. The doors opened and we entered a huge condo. Was he like rich?! It was big and beautiful and had stairs and beautiful furniture and everything. He watched me roam the living room, I peeked through one door and saw a marvelous kitchen with a butler cooking in it. I was amazed at that, then I moved on to the next room which was a built in small cinema room. I walked past a patio and up the stairs, there were 4 bedrooms, I saw one had Jaycee’s name on the door, the other had a picture of my dad on it, it looked like it came from a magazine. The other was cracked open and I saw it was a bathroom, the last one must have been a spare for me.

            I proceeded down the stairs again where I found him sitting on the patio with a water with lemon in his hand and one on the opposite side of the table where I went to go sit.

            “Where is Jaycee?” I asked sitting down. 

            “On her monthly vacation to your grandmothers, she goes from the last day of school which was on May 24th,” I thought about how that was the day Kaylie was born, “Up until June 24th.”

            “Oh, I see. How have you been?” I asked trying to sound casual, I didn’t want to just come out and say, I just had a baby 3 days ago.

            “Good, as you can tell by my condo, I’ve missed you.”

            “Not mom?” I laughed, that was the first time I have referred to her as mom in a long time.

            “What’s really been going on with your mother?” He looked at me, I knew he was going towards a serious conversation.

            “You want the summary or full blow?” I looked at him.