Chapter 2

Chapter 2

          School was starting to be on a regular basis, well 5 weeks in it should be. I got an occasional, ‘how are things going?’ question from Mrs. Jones. My answered remained the same, ‘good’. It was Monday, finally, after the long weekend I have had I was thankful for it. Meredith decided to take the weekend off. I guess that is all I have to say. I got up at 6, I let myself sleep in a little extra this morning, I wasn’t feeling great however. My stomach wasn’t in the best form but I went on to school like normal.

          When I got into the car this morning Nick took one look at me and said, “Are you feeling ok?”

          “Yeah, sort of, why?”

          “You are totally flushed, maybe you should stay home and rest today.”

          “No, I will be ok, I promise.”

          Nick shrugged his shoulders and we went on to get Erica and then we were off to school, my stomach got a bit queasier on the way there. I figured I wasn’t going to push it, and I was thankful I did not have P.E today. I gave Nick a kiss and waved to Erica and then went to Chemistry, yet again I was the first one there. I walked in and almost fell backwards, I had gotten a bit dizzy but I was ok. I sat down and my face was hot, my stomach twirled even more. I felt like I was going to get sick.

          “Casey are yo-” Before Mrs. Jones could finish I was flying out of the room and to the bathroom holding my mouth so I wouldn’t vomit all over the place. The bell had rang in my absence and I was sitting there for about 15 minutes, when I felt a bit better I stood up and washed my hands and my mouth out. I looked in the mirror and I was flushed, I was so pale. I decided I was okay and popped a mint into my mouth and went back to class. I got a weird glare from everyone when I walked in and I ignored it. The rest of class went on and when the bell rang I got up to leave and I said, “I’m fine.”

          Global History was a fly by; I laid my head down all hour because I was so nauseous. Trig was next and it was only 2 rooms away, I sat down in my seat and waited for Erica, but just as I got all set, bam, my stomach dropped. I held my hand to my mouth and one on my stomach and ran to the bathroom. “Casey!!” Mr. Smith yelled as I was running. I got to the bathroom and got sick again. I sat there for about 20 minutes and got sick once more. I was so queasy and sick I didn’t even want to get up. Apparently Mr. Smith had called the nurse because she was knocking on the stall door I was sitting in. “Casey? Casey dear are you okay?” She repeated, then when I felt ok enough to speak I said, “No.”

          The nurse, Mrs. Charley, was a young woman, about early 30’s she had long dark brown hair like me, she was about my height, she was so nice, she was married and had 2 baby girls. I really did like her.

          After another minute I felt ok to stand, my head spun for a second and I walked out of the stall, then walked over to the sink and washed off my face and my mouth then stuck a piece of gum in my mouth.

          “Casey, come to my office and I will see what is going on, okay?”

          I nodded, we walked slowly because I really couldn’t walk fast at the moment. We walked in and I took a seat, she asked me a series of questions,

          “Did you eat something to have gotten you sick? Or were you already sick?”

          “No.”

          “No virus or anything? When did the come on?”       

          “First hour.”