Chapter 10

Casey's P.O.V.

It was the same every year. Wake up, get dressed, go to school, do the classwork. Then drive home, get ready again, do some homework while I wait for dad, go out to eat, come back home, party for a while (when Lizzie, Jake, and Cameron, come over), then take a shower and go to bed.

As soon as I got out of the car, I was bombarded by Lizzie, Cameron, and Jake. "Hey, where have you guys been?" I glanced at Cameron and he look at Lizzie. He sighed and said, "Tell her." Looking at Lizzie, I gave her a questioning look. She huffed at took at deep breath. "We have been trying to get around you for ages. But there is something preventing us from getting to you. I tried to go into your house last night, but I couldn't come in. And we've tried to get into your car too. Cameron thinks that it's some type of barrier preventing us from getting to you."

Cameron took a step closer to me. "Whatever it is, someone doesn't want us around you. There's one around the school too." I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

I look over at Jake, "What do you think about this? I mean you were into this kind of stuff." He looked up at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"Honestly, Cameron could be right. Some one might not want us around you. Then again, it could be something else." I look down at the ground and huff.

"Okay. I'll figure this out. Whoever it is, I'll stop them and this weird barrier thing."

I glance up at them and smile. They smile back at me. "Oh, before you go.... Happy Birthday." Cameron says.

Well, guess I won't be celebrating with them tonight. Seeing as there are certain circumstances that prevent Lizzie, Cameron, and Jake from coming over, I guess that I would need to hurry and figure out a way to keep the barrier down and gone. Forever. I waved at them and headed off to the school building.

I walked to my first period class and sat down at my usual spot where Lizzie and I would come to class. Mr. Cadins bid us a good morning. As he walked in the door, the tardy bell rang. Looking around I noticed that Colton wasn't here yet. Five minutes into his teaching period, Colton walks through the door with a bag of McDonalds and Sonic and hurries to his seat beside me (Lizzie's old desk).

Mr. Cadins continues to teach as if Colton never disrupted his class for being late. Colton looks over at me and offers the sonic bag to me. Seeing as what happened yesterday, I was bluntly ignoring him. He sighed and sat the bag on my desk. He then turns around in his seat to face the front to Mr. Cadins. After he was done eating his McDonalds, he balled up the bag, loudly, I might add, and gets up to throw it away. Still, as though Colton was acting like a mouse, Mr. Cadins kept teaching.

Never pausing to look up from the book he was currently reading from. "Hey, Baines? Are you mad about yesterday? Look, I'm sorry about what I did. I know I shouldn't have done that to you. Can you please talk to me?" Colton asked leaning in his seat to get closer to my desk. I only huffed at him and tried to scoot over into my desk more. Although, I wish he wouldn't have done that to me, I'm kind of glad he did. I have no idea why though.

It would probably be best if I stayed away from him today. After ten more minutes of Mr. Cadins reading 'The Great Hunt,' he tells us to finish reading the last pages of chapter 10 and then come up to his desk and pick up a reading worksheet.

And being me, I am the first one done with the reading assignment and walk up to his desk. "Done already Miss Baines?" He asked as he set aside his copy of the book and handed me my worksheet. "Of course Mr. Cadins. You should know that by now." I responded to him, politely taking my worksheet and smiling.

I walked back to my desk looking at everyone as I passed them and smugly sat down and started to work on the sheet. And within five minutes, I finished the sheet and quietly sat, waiting for the rest of the class to finish.