Chapter 13

Colton's P.O.V.

Just like Jack said. It was right behind the staircase to the right. I knocked on the door and heard Nickolaus from the other side. "Come in!"

I open the door and walk in. Nickolaus is sitting behind his desk looking through a file. "Alpha Colton, what brings you down here?" He asks not looking up. "I was wondering if it would be alright to leave the premises and check up on Casey." He sits the papers down and looks at me chuckling.

"You don't need to ask me. You are, after all, her protector. Prince Riley trusted you with her life. Not I or any one else." I slightly bow my head at him. "Thank you Alpha Nickolaus. I shall be back soon." And with that I walk out of his office and head over to Casey's home.

Arriving I noticed only one car in the drive way. It was hers. I glance up at her window and see that her curtains were cracked just a little. I do a patrol around her home to see if there have been any other wolves around it. Picking up no scents other than hers, mine, and a couple other humans, I trot back over to the pack house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi. You're Alpha Colton. Am I correct?" A girl about my age asks as I enter the pack house. She has blue eyes and brown hair. "Yes? And you are?" I ask studying her. She steps torwards me.

"Oh, I'm Jessica. Remember that name. You'll be hearing it a lot." She purred to me and touched my chest. "Uh, yeah. Okay. I'll remember that. Bye." I hurriedly pushed past her and ran up to my room.

'Oh boy. Seems like we have a trouble maker on our hands. Pssh, your telling me. I think it's best if we stay away from that one. Yeah, no problem there.' I take off my socks and shoes and decide to lay out something to wear for tonight.

"Um, Alpha Colton. The Alpha and Luna wish to see you." I turn to look at the doorway. It's little Anna, behind her is the boy from earlier. Ah, what's his name?

Bill? Oh, it's Will! I smile at the both of them. "Okay. I'll be down immediately." I answer to her so she may tell her parents. With a nod, she walks away with Will. But, I notice something. Were they... Holding hands? Aw. That's cute. I hope they turn out to be each others mate. Now, there was something I needed to do....... Oh yes. The Alpha and Luna.

I hurry down the stairs and reach the office in no time at all. "Colton. There you are. I hope you weren't busy at the moment. The thought came across my mind earlier today, but I completely forgot." Luna Veronica said. She's sitting in one of the chairs in front of Nickolaus' desk. "No, no. I wasn't busy. Just getting out night clothes. What is it that you forgot?" I ask walking over to the chair beside her. Before Veronica could speak Nickolaus interjected. "We would like you to come with us for a bit. Veronica wants to know what kind of car you would like to borrow for school tomorrow."

I sit in the chair flabbergasted. They are letting me borrow a car? I look over to the Luna. "Luna Veronica, I can manage without a car.." Before I even get to finish she interrupts. "Oh nonsense. And anyways, what are you gonna do of something were to happen to Casey? You couldn't carry her in your mouth. Or on your back."

I chuckle at her and sigh. I'm not going to get my way. Might as well just go with them. "Okay. I suppose you are right." She smiles at me and stands. "Well, come along dear. You have the keys." She says to Nickolaus. With that she is out of the room. "Yes, I do. I'm coming dear." Nickolaus says as he stands and leads me out if the room. Dang she's fast...

He leads me to a door across from his office and down a staircase. We must be going to the basement. When we get to the bottom there is a narrow hallway that leads to another room.