fame [e]

word count: 671 words
warning: contains swearing

i love grays tattoo, btw ethan would never act like this in real life so keep that in mind.

[5th july 2017]

you were sitting on your bed comfortably, dressed in black adidas sweatpants and a grey long sleeved shirt. you didn't feel the need to dress to impress anyone. you and ethan had been together for 11 months so you're fairly comfortable with each other.

"oi, let's go get sushi." ethan said, walking into the room with his head down as he typed something on his phone. you agreed, seeing as you were pretty hungry. you looked up from your laptop and your eyes widened.

"woah, why are you so dressed up?" you asked confusedly as you stared at your boyfriend. he had his hair styled to perfection. he wore a white button-down shirt with black jeans and black dress shoes. he wasn't that dressed up but compared to what he was wearing earlier, it was a step up. it was also kind of ridiculous to dress up for a place that is a few minutes away.

"we're going out." he replied with a hint of sass in his voice.

"yeah but the sushi place is around the corner. Literally 5 minutes." you laughed but shook it off. he ignored your response. he went downstairs and waited for you, expecting you to change into an entirely different outfit but you didn't. you just tied your hair in a bun and grabbed your phone and wallet, making your way downstairs to put on black thongs. [a/n- thongs in australia refer to 'flip flops']

"y/n get changed already. i'm starving." ethan said when he looked at your outfit. you furrowed your brows as you slid on your thongs.

"i am ready. let's go." you said and waited next to the front door. ethan stared at you,
bewildered.

"um, no. go get ready and then we'll go." he retorted making you scoff, growing annoyed with his attitude.

"like i said, i am ready. why are you so obsessed with how i look?" you asked ethan who closed his eyes tightly and shook his head.

"fans are most likely gonna notice us and ask for pictures. are you sure you wanna be seen like that?" ethan grimaced, staring at your outfit like it was vomit. you were wondering what his problem was.

"actually... yes i do wanna be seen like this. i think i look fine." ethan shook his head and looked slightly disappointed with your response.

"i can't be seen with someone dressed like that. i'm ethan fucking dolan." ethan murmured but you heard it loud and clear. you cleared your throat and squinted your eyes at him.

"what the fuck did you just say?" you said, your voice rising slightly in volume with each word. your boyfriend looked as if his words just dawned on him and his eyes widened.

"s-shit. i didn't mean it like that." he stuttered making you scoff for the second time that day.

"you're a bit conceited, don't you think? do you understand how rude that is?" ethan nodded quickly but didn't look as apologetic as he should've been. "no. no, i don't think you do. how dare you say that to me? the fame has really gotten to your head."

"n-no! no, it really hasn't. i don't know why i said that." ethan regretted what he said but you knew better than to instantly forgive him.

"well i do!" you snapped, getting more pissed at ethan. you never thought that he'd say something like that, let alone think like that.

"babe... i didn't mean it." ethan said quietly but you turned on your heel and walked to the door. before you exited, you turned around to face him.

"i'm gonna go and get sushi. by the time i get back, you better have figured out yourself and sorted it out because i don't want a boyfriend who let's the fame take over his life."