disapproval [e]

word count: 888 words

what the actual hell? this book has 50k reads?! i really do appreciate you guys reading this shitty book. thank you so much!

[25th august 2017]

today was the day that you would meet ethan dolan, your boyfriend's twin brother. you were beyond nervous and didn't know if he would like you. grayson reassured you that he would but you weren't too sure.

"babe, you ready?" grayson asked, sticking his head into your room. you were standing in front of your mirror, patting down your outfit. grayson told you not to dress up too much so you settled on black jeans, a nice blue blouse and heeled boots. your hair was in loose curls, cascading down your back and you had little to no makeup on. "you look cute. let's go."

the car ride to ethan and grayson's apartment was nerve-wracking. grayson held your hand and would rub your hand with his thumb, turning to you at every red light and attempt to calm you down. the car stopped in front of a complex and you felt the butterflies in your stomach again.

"i'm scared." you admitted to grayson who stopped what he was doing to look at you. he sighed and turned fully to face you.

"y/n, he's gonna love you. he'll love your clumsiness, beauty, kindness and intelligence. come on so we don't keep him waiting." grayson smiled and got out of the car. he ran to your side and held the door open for you making you smile and exit the car. he locked it and held your hand as you walked up some stairs and stopped in front of a door.

"let's do this." you murmured making grayson unlock the door and hold it open for you. you slowly walked in, eyeing your surroundings and making an impressed face. for 2 teenage boys, this apartment was very clean.

"ethan? i wanna introduce you to someone." grayson called out making you instantly grow nervous again. there was silence before you heard an 'i'm coming!' followed by loud footsteps. ethan walked out of a room with a smile on his face. "this is my girlfriend, y/n. y/n, obviously, this is my brother ethan."

"hi. it's so nice to finally meet you." you said politely and shook his hand.

"nice to meet the girl grayson won't stop talking about." ethan joked as he sent grayson a look. you laughed and looked at both of the brothers.

"all good things i hope." you replied, feeling the nerves slowly fading away. ethan definitely knew how to make someone feel comfortable.

"well, i'm glad you guys are here because the pizza was starting to get cold." ethan said and lead you and grayson to the dining table. you saw two boxes of pizza on the table and sat next to grayson while ethan say across from you both. you made conversation and it was going really well.

"gray, help me with something." ethan said and left the table and into a room next to the kitchen. grayson went with him, sending you a small smile as he left. you were alone and continued to eat. reaching over for another slice, you realised it was cold so you went to the kitchen to heat it up. the microwave was right next to the doorway of the kitchen and the boys were in the room right next to the kitchen.

you put the pizza in the microwave and when it was finished, you were about to take it and leave when you heard your name being mentioned.

"what do you think of y/n?" grayson asked and you could almost imagine the hopeful look on his face. you heard ethan sigh.

"honestly?" he asked making grayson let out a noise, as if to say continue. "i don't like her."

your heart just about stopped.

"what? what the hell, e. why?" grayson said defensively making ethan let out a small annoyed sound. you held your breath and tried to listen to his response without either of them realising that you were listening.

"she's fake, gray. she's awkward and as nice as she is, she's with you for the money and fame." ethan said making you extremely upset. it was so untrue that it hurt you to think that he would even assume you would use his twin brother for anything. you loved grayson so much. it wasn't until a few days before you and grayson became official that you found out that he's 'famous'.

"are you joking? those are the last things she is. she's so sweet and kind and quite honestly, one of the most amazing girl i've ever met and i don't care what you say. she's my girl and i love her." grayson said with a proud voice making your heart ache. he's so sweet. a smile unknowingly crept up on your face and with your pizza, you hurried back to your seat. when they returned, you didn't mention anything and didn't change the way you are to impress ethan. you acted the way you normally would because you knew that's why grayson loved you.

you realised that even if ethan may not like you, grayson loved you and that was more than enough for you.

no part two for this one!