meaningful tattoo [g]

word count: 851 words

[30th september 2017]

romeo sat on a chair next to you, focusing intently on the patch of skin that would soon be covered in ink. it took you ages to muster up the courage to get a tattoo but you knew that this specific one was perfect.

"and... done." romeo announced making you smile happily. you looked down at your finger as he bandaged it up.

"thank you so much!" you squealed and hugged him tightly. chuckling lightly, he patted you on the back before directing you to where you would pay. you decided to go to romeo alone as this tattoo was a surprise for grayson. he was always there for you and supported you with everything. he was just amazing so you decided to do something special for him.

you drove home and swerved many times as your eyes kept darting to your tattoo. it was something so small that held so much meaning and importance to you and you knew it would to grayson. grayson thought you just went shopping but you went to romeo lacoste's tattoo place and got a small tattoo done.

when you walked through the front door, ethan was first to greet you. he instantly spotted the bandage and since he has many tattoos himself, he knew what it was.

"you got a tattoo!" ethan said excitedly and you instantly shushed him so grayson wouldn't hear. he got the hint and quietly approached you, gently pulling your hand up to his face so he can see it properly.

"you like?" you asked nervously and he was silent. you were hoping that grayson would like the tattoo. it would be real awkward if he doesn't end up liking it since you did make a permanent mark on your body dedicated to him.

"that's really sweet, y/n. you guys really are hashtag couple goals." ethan said with a small smile on his face, making a fake crying noise. you gagged at his choice of words. you rolled your eyes but your cheeks still went red.

"thanks." you mumbled and looked around the room, hoping to hear grayson's voice. "where is he?"

"i think he's watching tv. i'm not sure but go show him! he's gonna freaking love it." ethan said encouragingly and that boosted your confidence so you nodded and found grayson sitting on the couch. he heard your footsteps and quickly stood up to pull you in a hug.

"you're finally home." he sighed and kissed your head. you smiled and brought him to sit back on the couch while holding your left hand behind your back. "what's... going on?"

"i got something today and i really hope you like it because i can't get it off.  i love it and it's dedicated to my favourite person in the world. you." you bit your lip and extended your hand to him. a million thoughts were going through his head but when he saw the bandage, he knew you got a tattoo. what of? his eyes squinted at the bandage as he tried to read through it. when he finally comprehended what it said, he let out a disbelieving laugh.

 when he finally comprehended what it said, he let out a disbelieving laugh

"oh my god..." he whispered and you felt his grip on your hand tightening. his jaw dropped and he analysed every small detail on it. he couldn't believe his eyes. you got a tattoo of the letter 'g' on your ring finger. for him. that was difficult for him to fathom.

"do you like it?" you asked and he looked at you like you were crazy.

"i freaking love it!" grayson said happily, pulling you into another hug. you could feel his smile against you. he pulled away with a sniffle making you do a double take.

"are you crying?" you asked as you looked into his watery eyes. he made a 'pfft' sound and shook his head.

"no..." he replied with a shaky voice. your heart was literally clenching because of how cute he was. you didn't think it would make him cry- just happy.

"that's so cute! aww, gray! don't cry!" you said loudly, you hugging him this time. he laughed softly, not even bothering to hide the fact that he was crying.

"it's just so amazing. i wish i was there with you though. that's your first tattoo and  wanted to be with you when you got it." he pouted and you shoved him slightly.

"yeah but then you wouldn't have been surprised, dummy." you joked and he picked up your hand again. this time, he gently kissed your bandage covered finger.

"i freaking love you." he whispered, giving you a soft kiss which you gladly returned. smiling into the kiss, he giddily pulled away and took out his phone. "i still can't believe you did this."

"neither can i but i'm glad i did." you smiled adoringly at your boyfriend. he took a photo of your tattoo since he wanted to keep every memory with him. every time he would see your tattoo, he'd instantly light up. it's as if your tattoo was his source of happiness.