Chapter 23

I rushed in after Brendon, throwing my bag to the floor.
"Fucking hell" I stare into the living room, finally figuring out what my dad had seen.
"Ryan?" I say, cautiously walking into the lounge.
"GET OFF OF HIM" Brendon shouts, running over to him, pushing a woman off. They were having sex.
"Babe. I can explain" Ryan stutters, putting whatever he had out, away.  Dad slaps him clean across the face.
"Don't fucking call me babe. After all we have been through! I finally get you back, and you fuck up my trust by getting with whoever this fucking  slut is!?" I pull Brendon back, easing him.

I decide against myself and get involved.
"Shows the amount of respect you have for him... You are nothing but a dirty little fucking liar" I begin.
"Shut up you ignorant bitch" he shouts at me. It hurt.
"Don't you EVER speak to my daughter like that. Get the FUCK out of my house!" Brendon yells, pushing the supposed 'pregnant' woman and Ryan out of the door. They stumble past the bags, dad falling to the floor.

"Dad" I screech, running to him, managing to catch his head. Paris closes the door, as she didn't like arguments.
"What the hell happened?" She walks in sheepishly.
"Shit, Brendon" her presence felt close as she held one of my dad's hands.
He was crying. Alot. Curled up in a ball on the floor, pushing his face into his knees, just like he did backstage.

~Skip~

"Brendon, you need to get some sleep" I say, standing up from the sofa and looking at him. Paris had made her way to the spare room.
"No. I'm not going back to that room. It reminds me... Ah shit. Nothing" I look at him, puzzled. He sighs and begins talking.
"Before this whole new thing with Ryan and even before I adopted you... Me and him were together. It was literally the best time of my life, getting to spend nights with him, in my bedroom, and making music aswell..."
"Go on.." I say.
"But it started to change. He used to hit me to the point where I couldn't walk. I had physical marks on me from where he'd punch through anger. I don't know what caused it, he never told me..."
"Tell me about it" I joke quietly, Brendon smiles a little.
"I guess maybe that was why he left the band. I'm glad though, otherwise it would have carried on. Me and Ryan separated ways, and moved on. But only recently did we meet again, this was at the restaurant... And it kicked off" he stops, holding back tears.
"And that leads to today..." I finish, Brendon nodding. I walk over to him, on the other side of the sofa and fall into his arms.
"I'm always here for you Dad.. always..." I whisper, dad smiling.

~Morning 7:30am~

"Georgia?" Brendon says as we wake up. We were still intertwined on the sofa from last night. It was a rough day for him.
"Yeah" I say, looking up to my dad.
"You're going to school today" he states, I groan.
"Really? Fucks sake" Brendon looks at me sharply.
"Language..." He grins.

We both stood up in unison, walking to the kitchen to grab whatever was on offer. Paris was still asleep, so I figured it was my duty to wake her. I let her sleep in the spare room rather than on the sofa, as I spent the night with Brendon.
"Dad, I'll go get Paris" I say, taking a KitKat from the cupboard... Not the most healthy of breakfasts, but it would do. I eat that while I walked to the room.

I open the door slowly, noticing Paris half in and half out of the covers.
"Heyy... You awake sleepyhead?" I say as I walk around to her. She shakes her head.
"No, I'm dreaming" she replies, nuzzling her face into my pillow.
"Come on, we have school today. Need to get up" I push the rest of the blanket from her and grab both of her arms. Using all of my muscles, I manage to pull Paris from the bed and onto the floor, her still being half asleep.

"For god's sake Paris, come on!" I yell, kicking her arm gently. She begins to stand up, grabbing a shirt on the way. She had hardly anything on, although, I don't blame her, it's boiling.
She slips the shirt on and walks to the bathroom.
"I'll be down in 5" she says.