Chapter 26

I paced the room, looking in every hiding spot possible.
"Brendon..."
I stood staring into the bathroom and a sudden light in my eyes appeared.  Darkness quickly fell.

~~

I moved my head around... I was in bed?
"Babe, are you okay?" Josh asks, rolling over.
"Just a bad dream" I reply, he moves me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my back. I smile into his chest.
Whatever that nightmare was... It sure as hell seemed real.

"Hey Josh. Could I take a day off today?" I ask genuinely.
"Erm. Only if Brendon is okay with it" he replies. I hadn't seen my dad since a few days ago.
I stand up slowly from the bed, putting on a pair of black shorts and a white shirt, just to avoid the dream of wearing the gown. I walk out from the room and head towards Brendons. He was all snuggled in his bed, one leg out and one leg in. I smile and pull the covers up slightly. He only had a pair of underwear on, but I didn't care, I missed him.

I slid in the bed beside him and pushed the covers back down. He must have heard me come in.
"Hey" he says to me.
"Hey dad" I reply. He turns to face me and kisses my forehead.
"I'm sorry I wasn't home yesterday. Something came up" I look at him.
"Look Georgia. I really wish I could tell you--"
"Dad, you can tell me. You can tell me anything. I'm here for you. Always" he smiles and closes his eyes.
"It's hard... I didn't expect it to happen so quickly" I look confused.
"I'm here, whenever you're ready" I smile.
"I need some time baby. Please"
"Whatever you need" I rest my head on his chest while he draws circles on my back.

Josh opened the door, only in pants.
"Brendon?" He says quietly.
"Josh?" Dad looks up and faces him, puzzled.
"What are you doing here?" He added again.
"Georgia let me stay the night as you weren't home. Didn't want anything to happen to her" Josh replies, smiling.
"Thank you"

"Hey dad?" I tilt my head to face his. We were still laying in bed next to eachother. Josh went downstairs to make breakfast, I could smell waffles.
"Could I take today off school?" I ask.
"I was going to anyway, we have some stuff to work on in the studio" I giggle into his chest.
"Thanks dad. I love you" he smiles.
"I love you too" we cuddle.

I part from Brendon and step outside of the covers, heading back to my room to dress. I walk to me wardrobe and pick out a white Panic shirt and some black skinny jeans. I brush my hair and push my fringe back, I made two buns at the top of my head and let the rest fall down my back. It looked cute.
I was getting tired of my look, I wanted to change who I was. Who I came out to be.

"I need help with something" I say as I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Brendon and Josh stood there with only pants on, and waffles in their hands.
"Anything" Josh replies. Brendon looks around at me.
"Dang you look beautiful. I've never seen your hair like that before" I smile and look down.
"Yeah, about that. I, Erm. I wanted to change my hair" the boys smile.
"Change it to what?" One asks.
"I wanted to cut my fringe away and dye it a different colour" Josh gasps.
"You want to get rid of your fringe?" He repeats.
"Yeah. I don't want to look in the mirror and see myself like this. It reminds me of my past. Depression. Anxiety. I'm a new person now. And I want a fresh start. I want to be someone new. I am someone new. And with this change, I'll be half way there" Brendon embraces me, followed by Josh.
"I'll support you no matter what" Brendon says.
"What colour you thinking?" Josh asks.
"I'm thinking a pastel colour" they giggle.
"Really straying from black aren't we" Brendon laughs, I join in.
"I can take you to the salon later if you want. Or I could do it? I'm basically a professional" I smile and look at Josh.
"I'd love to see you try" I laugh.
"Well, I'll go shopping for bleach and some pastel colours today. Then I'll do it later. What colour do you want?" He asks.
"You pick. Make it a surprise" I grin, he nods.