Chapter 31

"Bren. Just get a taxi back to the hotel and pay them when you get here" Josh says.
"They might think I'm just running away if I get out of the car and run upstairs"
"I'll wait outside with some money then..." He huffs again.
"Thanks Jish" I smile and hang up.

I walk around for a little bit longer, finding a main road with busy traffic. I see a few people around me notice who I am. I stop to take photos with them. At least they were more chill than the group of teens I encountered earlier.

I stand by the side of the road and wait for a taxi to drive past. One eventually saw me and pulled over.
"Where would you like to go sir?" A lady asks me, still looking at the road ahead.
"Uh. Back to Lincoln Hotel?" (Idk if I said the name of the hotel, so imma stick with this one 😂  it's not an actual hotel)
"Alright. Get in" she said sharply, noticing fans behind me start to queue. I turn to face them.
"Guys, I'm sorry, I need to get back to the hotel. If you're going to the show tomorrow, I'll see you then" they nod sadly and begin crowding around the car.
"You famous?" The lady driver asks me.
"Uh. I'm in a band.. Panic! at the disco?" I say
"Never heard of it."
I frown and open the door to the backseat of the car as she had boxes on the passenger's side. I sit down.
She pressed down on the pedals and began driving.

"So. What kind of music do you play?" She asks me.
"Umm. I'm like a mix of genres. Maybe rock, punk, alternative...  Things like that" I reply with a smile on my face.
She looked at me through her mirror.
"Emo?" The lady says.
"Um. I guess some of my old stuff was..."
"I don't like you then"
I scrunched my face up.
"You don't like me because of my music? You have no idea who I am as a person" I reply, looking directly at her.
"Well, you seem pretty ignorant. You left your 'fans' back there and told them you didn't want to meet them. You're into emo music, which means you're depressed... And..."
"Say no more. I get it" I turn to face the window.
"And you're not attractive"
I just nod, I didn't want to start an argument. God, if Georgia were here... This conversation would be heated as fuck.

We arrive at the hotel.
"That would be... $35 please.." the lady says to me.
"Can I just go and get some money?" I didn't see Josh outside.
"No. You can't leave this car until I know you've paid" I nod.
I pull out my phone and call Josh.

B- Josh where are you?
J- Just got out of the shower. Why?
B- I'm waiting outside and I have no money...
J- Oh yeah. I forgot. Let me get changed and I'll be down. How much was it?
B- $35...
J- Fucking hell Brendon.
B- Thanks Josh

I end the call and sit in silence.
"So. Where's my money?" She says.
"It'll be here. I've got someone dropping it down" I reply confidently.
"5 minutes..."

A few minutes passed, which seemed like hours. I sat in the backseat, staring at the doors to the hotel, pleading that Josh arrived as soon as possible.

Finally the doors open and he steps outside in black skinny jeans and a white tank top.
"Here's your money Bren" he says to me with a smile. The lady opened my window to allow me to get it.

"This is for you" I say, passing it to her. She smiles sarcasticly. I open the car door and step outside. I run towards the hotel door and throw myself inside, heading as fast as I could to my room, Josh walking to his.

Nearly falling up the stairs, I make it and launch the door open.
"Never again am I getting a Taxi alone..." I announce to myself.
After sitting down on my bed, I pull out my phone.

Georgia's POV:
(lmao bet you didn't expect that)

I still lay there, unable to move or to talk. The kids would still come up to me every day, they'd say that I was going to be alright. And I knew I would be. Although every day felt like 2 seconds, I was still able to listen and take in what people say to me.