Sweaty Boys and Cold Showers

//Awsten's POV//

Dallas was a nice city to play shows in, the show wasn't the best part of the night though. The best part came after. Meeting fans was so much fun. A nice girl gave me a flower crown, and I signed her poster. A teenage boy had Otto sign his drumsticks, and he and Otto talked about drums for at least fifteen minutes. At least three people wanted pictures with Geoff, and most people wanted pictures of me and Geoff together.

At All Time Low's merch table, they signed posters, albums, and t-shirts, as well as hugging fans as much as we did.

Sadly, Jawn and the other manager people pulled us away to the buses so that we could get on the road. Before we could leave, we had to clean up. Two showers for seven guys meant that someone had to take an ice cold shower, and you'd think that in the Texas heat no one would mind, but it was still an argument.

"Let's make it a rule, five minutes or less." Rian said, grabbing a towel and some shampoo. Alex pouted.

"How am I supposed to groom myself in five minutes?" Geoff laughed and sat down on the floor of All Time Low's bus.

"Alex, don't start this again." Alex rolled his eyes and leaned against the cardboard-like wall of the bus.

"We should double up, at least a few of us should. It'll save water." Jack commented, looking through the fridge for an energy drink.

"Alright then, you and Alex go first." Rian said, putting his towel down. "Still, five minutes maximum." Alex grinned and followed Jack into the bathroom. Otto was already out the door, going to claim our shower for himself. Zack said he was going to shower in the morning, and Rian was waiting on Alex and Jack. Geoff and I slowly stood up, our legs and arms sore from the show.

"We'll use our shower." Geoff said to Rian. Rian nodded in response as we exited the bus.

"Fuckin Otto, getting a hot shower all to himself." I muttered with a laugh as we climbed into our bus. Geoff laughed, but his laugh was more like a giggle.

"It will be a hot shower if you join me." Geoff snickered. He always joked like that, but it caught me off guard every time. My cheeks turned pink and I laughed an unsure laugh in response.

"Geoff, shut up." I retorted finally. He grinned sheepishly.

"Are you going to join though?" I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"You're making this sound like the beginning of a porno. But yeah, let's go." I said as Otto emerged from the bathroom in a towel.

Geoff and I stripped down, and he got in the shower first while I brushed my teeth.

"Dude, why do you brush your teeth before you shower?" He asked, his back facing me as he rubbed shampoo into his hair.

"Why don't you? I'm just being hygienic." I responded with a laugh, getting a washcloth and rubbing my face with it. The shower was tight, but there was just enough room for us to have about two inches of personal space.

"Have you been working out with Zack?" Geoff asked as I moved out from under the water, allowing him to rinse his hair.

"Um, yeah. Why?" I asked, scrubbing my arms with the washcloth.

"You look... I dunno, tough. Like not scary tough, just nice arms kind of tough." I laughed aloud at Geoff's comment.

"Thanks Geoff." I said through laughs. I was in the middle of washing all the soap off when the shower suddenly turned ice cold. Geoff and I both let out girly shrieks, and shoved each other out of the shower in attempts to get out.

"Jesus Christ!" Geoff said, grabbing a towel. We could hear Otto laughing outside the door. I just laughed and dried off, pulling on a pair of boxers and a Good Charlotte shirt once I was dry. Geoff got in some pajamas too, and went to his bunk first thing. Otto climbed in his bunk, which was underneath mine, so I didn't really have a reason to stay up. I grabbed my phone and some earbuds, and snuggled deep under the covers on my bunk. I pulled the covers over my head and turned on my phone, instantly messaging Otto. Though he didn't use social media much, he always responded to texts.

-
sad boy: Otto

sad boy: OTTO

STINKY FRIEND: yes what do u want

sad boy: okay that was R00D

STINKY FRIEND: it is 1 am

sad boy: and what if I didn't want anything? What if I just wanted to say how much I love you?

STINKY FRIEND: what do u want

sad boy: well um

sad boy: its about Geoff

STINKY FRIEND: okay I knew this was coming

sad boy: you know I like him okay and like,, he acts gay around me but I know he doesn't like me

STINKY FRIEND: um how do you know he doesn't like you? you don't usually shower with someone you don't like

sad boy: but Jack and Alex

STINKY FRIEND: MY POINT EXACTLY. THOSE TWO R THE GAYEST

sad boy: ur right smh

sad boy: but I keep acting like I don't like him bc if I act like I do it will be too obvious

sad boy: I was complaining about the cold shower and he was like "it will be a hot shower with you" and I almost choked

STINKY FRIEND: im sure you'll be doing plenty of that later (;

sad boy: SHUT UP OTTO

sad boy: HE ISN'T EVEN BI OR ANYTHING

STINKY FRIEND: you do realize I had no idea you were bi until you told me about it.

sad boy: GEOFF IS DIFFERENT

STINKY FRIEND: bc he's hotter than me?? 😤😤😤

sad boy: yes

STINKY FRIEND: wow oUCH

sad boy: (:

sad boy: but I'll date you if he rejects me

STINKY FRIEND: I see how it is ):

sad boy: jk I won't date u at all bc you r helping me with me Geoff Problems™

STINKY FRIEND: just tell him man

sad boy: NO OTTO U DUMB BUTT

STINKY FRIEND: go to bed Awsten

sad boy: fine

sad boy: gn ily stinky Otto

STINKY FRIEND: gn ily sad Awsten
-

I put my phone in my pillow case and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to clear my mind so I could get some sleep. I could hear Geoff lightly snoring and Otto's broken earbuds leaking the sound of My Chemical Romance, but both were familiar sounds. Within ten minutes, I was soundly sleeping.