Don't Call It Love

//Geoff's POV//

I was drunk, but not completely wasted. I didn't allow myself to get senselessly drunk when I was upset. And I certainly was upset, I'd fucked up things with Awsten, and it was likely I wouldn't be able to fix things.

"C’mon, we're taking you two back home." Rian said, helping Otto and I get to the Uber they'd called. Otto was more drunk than I was, which was a very rare occurrence.

"G-Geoff! Where's Awsten?" Otto asked, looking genuinely confused. I groaned.

"He didn't come, remember?" Otto thought about it for a minute before saying,

"Oh, that's right!" Otto grinned, pushing his hair out of his eyes with unstable hands.

"He's mad at me." I mumbled, my blurry vision making everything look like it was moving except for Otto, who was beside me. I hated every minute of this, I just wanted things to be right between Awsten and I again.

"He'll get over it." Otto said with a drunken laugh. I groaned.

"I hope so."

I had no idea what time it was when I fell asleep, but I woke up at noon on the couch in our bus.

"Hey?" I said as more of a question, scanning the bus for the others.

"For once, Otto was more drunk than you." I heard a familiar voice say. I sat up and looked around again, seeing Awsten in the kitchen. He came over to me, holding a plastic cup full of water. He handed it to me without making eye contact.

"Thanks." I muttered, taking the water and drinking all of it within seconds. Awsten was walking away, and I didn't want him to leave. I grabbed the hem of his Good Charlotte shirt, and he turned around, facing me.

"What do you want?" He asked, the words harsh but the tone soft.

"I'm sorry I got so upset. I know Ciara is important, more important than me. I didn't think about what I was saying, I'm sorry."

"Ciara and I aren't a thing anymore." He didn't seem sad, in fact his emotions were nearly impossible to read now.

"Is it because of the video?" I asked, my head spinning with a hundred different emotions. Awsten shook his head.

"We both figured out you shouldn't call something love if it isn't." He stepped away, giving me a sad smile.

"Awsten, wait-" He was out the door. I sighed, the only other sound in the bus being Otto snoring in his bunk.

Pulling a pillow over my head and screaming into it was the best solution to my conflicted emotions that I could find at the moment, so I did that. At least he didn't seem to hate me, for the moment anyway.

-

Short update, more coming soon!

Song is The City by The 1975