Conflicted Emotions and 90's Movies

//Awsten's POV//

Waking up at 7 am to the sound of Otto playing Welcome To The Black Parade on a kazoo is great, but there was one thing missing. Geoff. He'd usually be singing along while making breakfast or something, but he wasn't there.

"Good morning filthy emo." I said to Otto with a tired laugh as I got out of bed.

"Good morning, you stinky scene kid." Otto retorted playfully as I put a new pair of boxers on.

"Where's Geoff?" I asked, still not seeing any sign of him. Otto shrugged before responding.

"He went out to breakfast with Alex." I furrowed my brow as I tried to analyse the situation. Alex took him out to breakfast to talk about shows or something most likely, not a big deal.

Otto and I got out the Ouija board and played with it for a while after we were both dressed. We didn't get any clear answers, so we said goodbye and turned on the 1996 Scream movie, sitting on the couch to watch it.

"Please leave me alone!" Drew Barrymore's character begged, crouching behind one of the kitchen counters. Otto was on the edge of the couch, bouncing one leg nervously though he'd watched this movie at least twenty times.

Both of us jumped in our seats when we heard the bus door swing open.

"God-" I mumbled, turning around to see who it was. Geoff was standing just inside the door, and Alex was in the doorway. The two of them were talking.

"...yeah, thanks for breakfast. I'll see you tonight?" Geoff asked Alex, a clearly suggestive undertone in his voice.

"Of course." Alex replied, equally suggestive in tone. With that, Alex left and Geoff shut the door. Otto and I were both staring at Geoff, not saying anything. He looked at us with a bit of confusion.

"Hey guys." He said, sitting next to me on the couch.

"What was that about?" Otto asked, referring to Alex and Geoff's conversation. Geoff turned bright pink.

"Oh, nothing." He turned his head away from us, and I could see a red spot on his neck. Obviously a hickey, and a very recent one. I was seething with suspicion and a bit of anger.

"What's that?" I asked through a tight-lipped smile, touching the spot on his neck gently.

"Uh-" Geoff seemed to panic, and he quickly turned his face back to Otto and I so the mark wasn't visible.

"Come on, what is it?" I pestered, nearly positive Alex had given it to him at this point.

"Awsten..." Otto put a hand on my shoulder as a warning to stop pestering. However, I wasn't planning on letting it go.

"Why won't you tell me, Geoff?" Geoff stood up and glared at me.

"Its a hickey, genius. My question is, why do you care so much?" Because I wish I'd given it to you.

"I don't want you messing around and getting us kicked off tour, okay?" I replied sharply, folding my arms across my chest. Geoff didn't reply, he just left the bus. Probably to go talk to Alex, or whatever they did when they were alone.

"Awsten, what the fuck?" Otto asked, referring to my attitude.

"He's fucking Alex Gaskarth. That's gross." I grumbled, not looking at Otto.

"You're only saying that because you want to be Alex in this situation." I sighed deeply. Otto was right.

"I'm too pissed off to think right now." I groaned, going back up to my bunk. Otto sighed and stayed on the couch, still watching Scream.

Was Geoff serious? Of all the guys, Alex? I mean yes, he was attractive, but I had shown my undying love to Geoff since ninth grade. But there wasn't much I could do about it now, other than sulk and hope he'd change his mind. Maybe I'd think of a better plan after tonight's show.

-

Song of the chapter is Take Over, The Break's Over by Fall Out Boy!