Angry Kissing

//Geoff's POV//

Awsten was pissed off about the hickey. I didn't explain to him how Alex and I had been laughing while Alex tried his best to give me a hickey on the couch in the All Time Low bus, and it wasn't a sexual experience at all. More like a dare at a party or something, where both parties were uncomfortable yet amused.

Yet, I had Awsten's attention, and Cole told me I was doing great. Then again, Cole's advice probably isn't the best.

We were ushered to the stage by Jawn, and with a thumbs up from him, we jumped into Crave. After that song, I grabbed my microphone and greeted the crowd.

"Hey everyone! How are you guys tonight?" I was answered by a lot of screaming, but it had a positive tone. "You all look sexy tonight." I said with a smile, blowing a kiss to the crowd. I could feel Otto and Awsten staring at me. I wasn't usually like this at all, but I was testing my confidence tonight. The crowd responded positively, yelling "I love you"'s and blowing kisses back.

Awsten walked over to my microphone, which I'd put back on the stand by now. He placed a hand on my chest, pushing me away from it gently and saying,

"We're going to play one of my favorite songs now. Its called Little Violence." I frowned at the negative energy Awsten gave off, but of course I played like always.

During Stupid For You, Awsten and I were sharing a microphone as usual, and I leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. However, he shoved me away before I could. And the crowd noticed, "ooh"-ing loudly.

A few songs later, our set was finished. I grabbed my jacket and wallet and started walking towards the door.

"I'm going to get ice cream, anyone want to come?" I offered, expecting both of them to say yes. Otto simply looked at Awsten and then stated,

"No thanks, I've got a headache." I frowned slightly, but Awsten stood up and pulled his jacket on.

"I'll come." I smiled and left the venue with Awsten, hoping that things would be good between us soon.

"Alex said there was a nice local ice cream place not far from here." I said, trying to start a conversation as we walked on the sidewalk, Awsten kicking an empty Starbucks cup off the curb.

"Mhm." Awsten grunted, not looking at me. There was only one time he'd ever said "mhm" to me in that tone before. And that time was when we had gotten into a fight about what record label we were getting signed to. So he only did that when he was seriously upset.

"Awsten, why are you mhm-ing me?" I asked straightforwardly, not wanting things to be silent between us.

"I'm sick of you, Geoff." He said softly, but his words stung like a hundred wasp stings.

"Why did you come then?" I retorted, equally as venomous. Neither of us broke the even stride we were keeping up as we walked to the ice cream shop.

"I want some goddamn ice cream, why else? I don't want to spend time with someone who would rather swap spit with Alex Gaskarth than..." Awsten stopped himself as we came to the door of the ice cream shop. He had trailed off rather suddenly, and I wasn't going to let it go.

"Than what, Awsten? I've tried to be a good friend, what else do you want?" I asked, standing between him and the door. He mumbled something in a low tone, maybe thinking I wouldn't hear it. However, I heard it.

"Not a friend." He pushed past me into the shop, going to the counter. I inhaled sharply, trying to think about what he had just said. Not a friend? What the hell did that mean? I shook my head and walked inside, going up to the counter. Awsten was already walking to a table with a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone. I ordered a peach ice cream cone and waited patiently for it to be made. It didn't take long, and I walked over to the table Awsten was at.

"Can I sit with you?" I asked, internally terrified that he'd say no.

"Fine." He mumbled. I took the seat across from him in the booth table. The place was empty other than the girl at the counter, Awsten, and I. A familiar Fun. song was playing in the background, and Awsten was quietly eating his ice cream.

"I'm sorry about Alex, I didn't realize how much it bothered you." I muttered after a few minutes of silence. Awsten sighed loudly and looked up from his ice cream.

"I'm sorry I've been such a moody little bitch lately. You're fine." He said, any traces of happiness in his voice gone completely.

I finished my ice cream and so did he, and we left the shop in silence. When we were outside and walking in the direction of the bus, I spoke up again.

"Awsten, I haven't been completely honest with you." I said, my voice shaking. I wasn't sure where I was going with this, but I wanted to tell him everything. How much I adored him, and how I was sorry for not saying it sooner.

"Oh really? Shocker." Awsten spat sarcastically, momentarily discouraging me from telling him. However, it didn't stop me. I stepped in front of him and stood firmly, and he stopped walking. We were now stopped on the sidewalk, under a street light, glaring at each other.

"Awsten, I don't know how long its going to take you to realize it, but I like you. I like you a lot. I don't want you to just be my friend. I wish that I could kiss you whenever I wanted and not make up some stupid excuse for it, I wish you'd fall asleep next to me all the time. I hate having to be drunk to love you. I wish you'd take your clothes off sometimes, but that's gay, and you aren't gay. That's why I've been messing around with Alex, to see if you'd care." I covered my mouth with one hand when I realized how much I'd said. I'd said too much, more than I'd intended. Awsten's eyes hadn't moved from mine the entire time I'd been speaking, and I was starting to panic. What if he kicked me out because of what I'd said?

I didn't have any more time to panic for that reason when I felt his lips on mine. His kiss was rough and surprising, my bottom lip between his teeth and his tongue in my mouth. I pushed him off me in surprise.

"Geoff, you have no idea how gay I am." He laughed, pushing some of his shaggy hair out of his eyes.

"Does that... Do you want to..." I couldn't collect my thoughts, my mind was spinning. This was what I wanted, and I didn't know how to properly say that.

Awsten kissed me again, softer this time.

"We should go back to the bus." He whispered, despite the sidewalks being empty. We picked up the pace of our walk, both of us ready to go to the bus.

-

y e e t