Involuntary Functions

//Geoff's POV//

Once every week on tour, we met with All Time Low in their bus to talk about shows, how we were feeling, and have a drink or two. Awsten and Otto usually didn't drink, the club was a rare example of a time that they did. I would always have a drink with Jack, but never get drunk like I had Friday night.

"Hello MTV, welcome to my crib." Alex joked as the three of us stepped into their bus, which was much fancier than ours. "This is my shower that's always cold because everyone in my band is a big stinky bitch." Awsten started laughing at that, and Rian flipped Alex off with one hand while closing the bus door with the other. I sat down on top of the kitchen counter, swinging my legs back and forth. Awsten sat on the rug, crossing his legs and taking off his purple Vans. Otto was the only one sitting normally, he was beside Zack on the couch.

"So, how are you boys doing? Your shows have been great, and you smell nice." Jack said, sitting beside me on the table and handing me a glass of whiskey with ice.

"Tired, these two are a handful." Otto said with an exaggerated wave of his hand at Awsten and I.

"Imagine how I feel, I've got three." Rian replied, laughing a little.

"I'm your favorite though." Alex insisted, opening his beer and taking a sip. Rian rolled his eyes and made a face at Alex.

"How are your instruments holding up?" Zack asked, being unusually responsible.

"We want all new fender electrics by tomorrow." I said sarcastically, attempting to glare at Zack but bursting into laughter instead. Alex laughed and said,

"I'm sure that your instruments are fine then. Anything else you guys need?" Awsten grinned up at Alex from the floor.

"Um, we need a K cup machine and a stripper pole in our bus, like now." Awsten had spoken in a girly voice and waved one hand dramatically, so everyone knew he was joking. However, those things would be fun.

"We can actually do that." Jack laughed.

"Wait, really?" Awsten asked, his eyes widening and a smile spreading across his face. He was cute when he did that.

"Yeah! You guys have been great, we can get you some questionable accessories for your bus!" Alex said cheerfully. Awsten did his usual "crazy Texas" accent and said,

"Did ya hear that, boys? We're getting a stripper pole goddamn!" Otto and I both laughed, and so did the All Time Low guys.

Eventually, Rian broke out Cards Against Humanity and we all gathered around the table to play.

"Jack, you're the judge first." Jack grinned and pulled a black card from the deck. He smirked as he read it.

"Blank is a slippery slope that leads to blank." I grinned and looked over my cards. I finally decided that "vampire novels" were a slippery slope that led to "alcoholism", so I put my cards down. When Jack was reading the cards, he commented on mind,

"I mean, I'd become an alcoholic too if I had to read those all the time."

"Shut up, you're the one who likes the Twilight movies!" Alex yelled from across the table. Sadly, I didn't win with those cards, instead Zack won. Admitted, world domination was a slippery slope that lead to getting bitches.

Between every round came interesting conversations, which was to be expected with any game of Cards Against Humanity.

"Okay, who wrote Jalex fanfiction on the blank card?" Otto asked. The card was "There's nothing I like more than blank." Alex started snort-laughing and covered his face with his hands. Otto handed him the black card.

"You win, that's some good shit." Alex waved the card around triumphantly. Zack put his face in his hands, then he turned to me.

"Do people write fanfiction about your band yet?" I shrugged.

"I mean, probably-"

"They do." Jack said matter-of-factly. "Its not nearly as fucked up as what we get though." Awsten piped up from the other end of the table.

"How come you know there's fanfiction about us?" Jack laughed.

"I wrote most of it." Otto faked a disappointed glare at Jack. Jack was still looking at Awsten. "I wrote one where Pete Wentz fucked you at the APMAs." Awsten laughed like a hyena and threw an empty water bottle at Jack's head. It missed him, and Jack gave Awsten a self satisfied smirk.

A few minutes later, the conversation had changed completely.

"No, I'm just asking, how far would you go to host the APMAs?" Rian was asking Otto. Otto shrugged.

"I'd probably suck Andy Biersack's dick." That statement resulted in howling laughter from all of us.

"I mean, who wouldn't?" Alex commented, drawing another card from the pile.

"Fuck, I'd prostitute myself to host the APMAs." Awsten said, grabbing a handful of pretzels out of the bowl Zack had just brought to the table.

"That's basically what I did." Jack said, shoving my hand out of the bowl of pretzels so he could grab a huge handful.

"Join Cobra Starship, you and Gabe would get along." Rian commented.

"Hey, don't talk about my boy Gabe like that!" I said playfully. We were all being loud and obnoxious, and having a lot of fun.

"I thought I was your boy!" Awsten yelled, throwing a pretzel at me. I opened my mouth and caught the pretzel, earning loud applause.

"You're always going to be my boy." Awsten grinned genuinely, his nose scrunching up in a cute way.

All of a sudden, it hit me. The noise of the others talking and joking was suddenly tuned out, and everything seemed blurry and unimportant. Awsten had always been attractive, but now I was suddenly realizing he was attractive. As in, I was attracted to him. That's why I hated it when he cuddled Otto, and why I was always holding his hand and stuff. That explains the knot in my stomach every time I hear him call Ciara. My head was spinning. Can loving someone be an involuntary function, like heartbeats and breathing? Is that even possible?

"Yo, Geoff!" Rian yelled, snapping me out of my dazed state.

"Y-yeah, sorry." I looked down at my cards and threw a random on onto the pile so Rian could read them. I glanced over at Awsten again, but he wasn't looking at me. His smile was cute, his stupid blue hair was cute, and his face was cute. I don't know why the I was just coming to this realization, but it was hitting me like a wave. And I certainly hadn't been ready for it.

-

I hope this makes sense?? For me it does, like at one point I was dating someone who I thought I liked, but it turns out I was slowly falling for one of my friends without realizing it. And then one day it hit me, and I was sh00k. Anyways, song of the chapter is In Too Deep by Sum 41 xx.