Chapter eight

I wake up the next morning in my bed. How did I get here? I think. Then I giggle to myself. Peeta probably brought me down. He's so sweet.

After a while of relaxing in bed I decide to go take a shower. Then I put on a long white skirt with a blue silky shirt. I braid my hair into pigtails and slip on some white flats. Then I decide to head downstairs.

When I get downstairs I find Peeta, Haymitch, and Effie already sitting at the table.

Once I sit down next to Peeta, Haymitch says, "Okay, so today Effie and I will be training you for your interviews tomorrow. Be prepared."

My stomach feels queasy. I don't want to do interviews! On top of the fact that we're going to be sent to our death, they want us to be on talk shows? That's just ridiculous!

"May I be excused?" I squeak out to Effie.

"Yes, dear. But are you okay?"

I suddenly rush out of the dining room and run to a bathroom. Then I vomit all of my breakfast into the toilet.

I feel someone patting my back and turn around to find Peeta. "You okay?" He asks.

"I think so. I'm just nauseous about the interviews."

"Oh, my!" Effie exclaims as she rushes into the bathroom. "Go get some rest, my dear. Then we'll do your training!"

I nod unsteadily. Then, with Peeta's help, I walk back to my room.

"I hope you feel better!" Says Peeta.

"Thank you." I say weakly.

That vomiting really took the energy out of me. I immediately fall asleep, and when I wake up I feel well rested. I walk to the living room and see Effie.

"Ready for training?" She asks.

I nod.

We head to a room with silky dresses and high heels and all different types of wigs.

"First, you need to know how to walk in a dress. Here. Try this on." She hands me a long, silky blue dress.

I slip on the dress and then Effie says, "You look stunning! Now try on these heels." She hands me a pair of tall black heels.

I put them on and start walking unsteadily around the room. I lift my dress a little and find it easier to walk like that.

"Amazing! You're basically done now! You should go find Haymitch!"

"Thank you!" I say.

I walk around the halls, looking for Haymitch. I step into a random room and find Peeta and Haymitch in a deep conversation.

I clear my throat. "Umm, Peeta, it's your turn to go to Effie."

They look up at me in suprise. "Okay. Thanks Haymitch!" Says Peeta as he rushes outside.

"So. Tell me about yourself to start us off." Says Haymitch.

"Okay. Well, my family lives in the Seam, my mother has an apothecary business that I help her with, people say that I'm a shy but sweet person, and I get good grades." I say.

He thinks for a moment. "I think that you're one of those sweet, good girls. So, when you have your interview with Caeser, act like you are now. Sweet. Innocent. And nice. Okay?"

I nod my head. Then, we spend the next few hours practicing fake interviews. I aced them all.

"You've got this. Okay?" Haymitch gives me a high five.

I smile. "Okay."

Then we walk to dinner together. It was amazing, again.

"Tomorrow you'll basically be preparing for your interviews, which are at 8:00. You can sit around and relax in the morning, though." Haymitch explains.

"You should get ready for bed! It's a big day tomorrow!" Says Effie.

I walk up to my room with Peeta. "Goodnight." I say.

"Don't fall asleep on the roof again!" Peeta laughs.

I smile. Then I wrap my arms around his waist. "Goodnight." He whispers. He kisses my forehead.

I watch his shadow fade as he walks down the long hallway. Then I walk into my room and pull on my pajamas. I undo my braid and slip into bed, not caring how early it is. All I can think about is Peeta. Will he betray me in the games? Or will he be allies with Rue and I? I shudder as a sad thought reaches me. What if he wants to kill me?

I decide to push these thoughts away. I'm gonna die anyways. I don't stand a chance against those tributes. I try to push away my tears that are forming, but I can't. I sob into my pillow. I can't even kill anyone. I finally fall asleep with my thoughts of the Hunger Games overwhelming me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope this didn't seem too short! And I'm sorry for not updating in 2 days! School is just very stressful! Idk when I'll update another chapter, but I'll do it soon! AND REMEMBER TO LEAVE ADVICE OR IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS!