Chapter 15

I wake up the next morning to find that the bright sun is in my face. Peeta's already awake and he's staring at something on the ground.

"Goodmo-" I start but then Peeta covers my mouth.

"Shh. There's people down there." He whispers.

I look down at the ground and see a girl and a boy with brown hair arguing. Finally, they both walk away.

"They were the people from District 10! We forgot about them." Peeta exclaims.

"Ugh. Now we have to kill more people." I moan.

"Maybe they'll kill each other off." Peeta suggests.

"Probably. Now give me your arm." He hands me his arm and I change the bandage and put on more ointment.

After eating a small breakfast, Peeta and I decide to leave our tree.

A few hours later, we find a small pond. I start refilling our water bottles.

"Prim, duck!" Peeta shouts.

I duck my head and see an arrow fly over my head. I instinctively throw my knife and hear a cannon. I look over at who threw the knife at me and see the boy from District 10 with my knife in his throat. Then I see another arrow. I look up and see the girl from District 10.

She starts throwing more arrows. I throw two knifes at her and one hits the girl in her stomach. The other hits her in the leg. She falls to the ground and moans in pain.

"Peeta, let's go!" I shout. I quickly grab the knifes from the bodies and run to the cornucopia.

After hours of running, we reach the cornucopia. I hide behind a tree and motion for Peeta to stand next to me. I notice Thresh digging around in the supplies. Then he runs into the woods.

"Who's left?" I ask Peeta.

"Well, that girl from 10 hasn't died yet. And then there's Thresh."

We suddenly hear a cannon. Now it's just us and Thresh left.

"Excuse me lady and gentleman." A voice booms. "A new rule has been established. Two people from the same District may win the games."

My eyes widen. "Oh my gosh Peeta! We could win this!" I exclaim.

I throw my arms around him. Then we hear a gruff voice.

"Oh no you're not."

Thresh.

-----------

Heheheee! Cliff hanger! Yes, I know this was short. I'm sorry! 😁 I'm just out of ideas. If you have any ideas for the next chapter, comment! And vote!

Oh and the end of this book is coming soon😥 I don't really want to end this book. I will most likely do a book two, but I need to think of some ideas. Like, should I do a rebellion or something, like mockingjay? Please tell me!