Chapter 1

I ran through the woods. I looked behind me and saw a giant with one eye. I pushed my legs to go faster but my legs felt like lead. I looked ahead of me and saw an arch that read 'Camp Half-Blood.' I tripped over a tree root and fell face first. I could hear the monster right behind me. I laid there waiting for death to come but it never came.

I felt a rush of wind come over me and I could hear the sound of someone fighting. I looked up and saw a guy with jet black hair and a surfer's tan fighting the monster. He dodged the monster's strikes and fought it like a pro. After a few minutes of fighting the boy was finally able to defeated it.

He turned to me. "Are you okay?" I nodded. He stuck out his hand to help me up. "I'm Percy Jackson." He said. I shook his hand. "Aqua Uley." I said. He smiled and stuck his arms out, motioning around and said, "Well welcome to Camp Half-Blood."

I rubbed my arm a little since it was scraped when I tripped but overall I was fine. "Do you need to go to the infirmity?" He asked. "No I'm fine." I assured him. He nodded and walked me through the arch to reveal a beautiful camp that I couldn't see before. "This is Camp Half-Blood a safe place where you will learn how to fight, your ancestry, to heal etc." He explained. I nodded. 

"Come on, I'll Introduce you to our activities director Chiron, he'll explain everything." He said. He led me to a big house. I looked and saw a sign that read 'The Big House.' Of course. Percy knocked on the door. A man in a wheelchair answered the door. "Hello Percy. Who is this?" the man asked. "Chiron, meet Aqua Uley your new camper." He said. Chiron smiled and shook my hand. "Welcome pleased to meet you. Percy if you don't mind can you give this young lady the tour?" Chiron asked. 

"Sure. Follow me." Percy said. He gave me the tour and it was amazing and beautiful. You could feel how much Percy loved this place and how he would do anything to defend it. He explained everything about how I am a demigod, what being claimed is, etc. I heard a horn blowing in the distance. I looked at Percy confused he just smiled and laughed at me.

"It's dinner time. Come on I'll show you to the Hermes table they'll guide you from there." "Okay." We walked to the Mess hall and Percy walked up to a pair of twins.

"Travis, Conner! We got a new camper. She's undetermined. Aqua meet Conner and Travis. Conner and Travis meet Aqua." Percy introduced us. "Hi." I shook their hands. "I'm Conner." The tallest one said. "I'm Travis." The other one said. I looked at them suspiciously and could tell they were lying to me.

I glared at them until they caved in and told me the truth. Once they did they cowered away and put their hands up in surrender. "Okay! Okay! I'm Travis, he's Conner! Quit staring at us like that! I feel like your looking into my soul!" Travis said. I smiled.

After that little fiasco, the Hermes table got in line to get our food. Once we did we sat down I was about to dig in, but everyone got up again and walked to a big fire that was in the middle of the Mess Hall. I looked around to see what Conner and Travis were doing.

They were putting a portion of their food in the fire and said, 'Hermes.' When it was my turn I threw in my grapes. "To whoever you are. Please Claim me." I mumbled.

I walked back to the Hermes table and sat by Conner. After everyone finished eating Chiron walked on the stage and instead of being in a wheelchair I was, to say the least, surprised to see that he was half horse. No one else paid him any mind so I decided to drop the subject. Chiron held up his glass and made a toast. "To the gods!" Everyone repeated. "To the gods!"

I felt kinda ridiculous holding up an empty glass and pretending to drink out of it, but I didn't see where the drinks were. I was really thirsty but I didn't want to ask and look stupid because the answer is in front of my face or something.

I was looking at my glass wondering what I should do. "Talk to it." Conner said, he must have seen me looking intently at my glass. I looked at him confused. He smiled and laughed a little like it was an inside joke that I wasn't aware of.

"Talk to it. Say whatever drink you want and the glass fills itself up with that drink. But the drink has to be non acholic of course." Conner explained to me. I was skeptical but tried it anyways. "Um... Water?" I said not knowing what to get, don't judge me I felt like I was put on the spot! To my amazement the glass filled itself up with a clear liquid. I smiled and took a sip.

Conner laughed at me. "You could have gotten almost any drink in the world and you choose water?" I didn't reply and just stuck my tongue out at him.

Chiron stomped his hoof against the stage to get everyone's attention. "Attention campers! We have a new demigod in our presences." Chiron announced. He looked over at the Hermes table and looked around for me. Once he saw me he motioned me on the stage. Everyone started cheering. When I made it to the stage Chiron put a hand on my shoulder. 

"This Is Aqua Uley she's the new camper so make her feel welcomed." He said. "You sure she's not a daughter of Aphrodite!" A person shouted out. I blushed. "She's undetermined." Chiron said. I could hear a few groans in disappointment but nevertheless I walked off the stage and I felt like everyone was watching me.

When I sat back down I hid my face in my hands. I looked around and saw that no one was really paying attention to me anymore and went back to doing their own thing. I decided to take this opportunity to look around at all the different tables.

I saw a table with people arm wrestling, fighting and throwing food around. Another Table had a table full of blonde kids with intense grey eyes. I also saw a table with Percy sitting by himself. I wanted go over there and ask why he was alone when I saw a kid messing with fire caught my eye.

The fire was coming from his hands. I looked at the fire it was mesmerizing to see it dance around the boy's palm. The kid looked up and saw me staring at the fire he was producing. We locked eyes. He had the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes I had ever seen. I blushed and looked down.

Then everyone got up again and walked to a bonfire sorta thing. I was kinda lost but I just followed the crowd. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the boy that was messing with the fire. "Hi I'm Leo Valdez." He introduced himself.

I shook his hand I felt a spark go up my arm. "Aqua. Aqua Uley." I said. He smiled. "Want a s'more?" He asked and motioned to some marshmallows on a stick. I nodded. We sat on a log and he handed me a stick with a marshmallow. I put it in the fire and he started telling me jokes and made me laugh probably the hardest I ha ever laughed. Then I remembered the marshmallow. I quickly took it out of the fire.

The marshmallow was on fire! I tried to blow it out but I couldn't because I was recovering from all the laughing. "Come on help me here Leo, he's dying!" I said. We were both able to blow it out. I took a bite and tasted nothing but burnt marshmallow. I somehow managed to get marshmallow all over my lips. I tried licking it off but was unsuccessful.

Leo laughed at me and I pouted. "Quit laughing at me." I faked whined. "I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you. You're just not laughing along." He said. I grabbed my marshmallow and quickly smashed it all over Leo's face.

"Oh it's on Uley." He said. I squealed and ran away as he chased me. I saw Percy and ran up to him. "Percy help!" I said. I jumped on his back and hit his head. "Run he's coming!" I shouted. "Who?!" He asked frantically. "The marshmallow monster!" I said. He turned around and saw Leo running to us with marshmallow all over his face. I could feel relax that it wasn't a real monster.

"AHH RUN!!!" I screamed. Percy started running I was laughing hard. Suddenly everyone gasped and pointed above my head. Percy and Leo stopped running. Percy set me down and I saw Leo standing a few feet away from us looking above my head in shock.

I looked up to see what everyone was looking at and saw a fading trident. Percy brought me in a bone crushing hug. "I have a baby sister!" He said, he hugged me for a few more seconds before he pet me go. "Hail! Aqua Uley daughter of Poseidon!" Chiron said and everyone knelled, even Percy.