Chapter 18

Next, was me and Percy. I tapped on my necklace and my crystal sword came out. Percy clicked his pen and Riptide came out. Percy made the first move by striking at me. I quickly intersected it. I kicked his chest and he stumbled back. I walked behind him and kicked him to the ground. I held my sword up to his neck and whispered, "Dead." He got on his knees and knocked my sword out of my hand. He whispered, "Not quite." And held his sword at my neck.

I knocked his sword away from my neck with my dagger hidden in my sleeve. I cut his arm and he ran at me. I step sided and grabbed his arm and brought my elbow down on his shoulder. He fell to the ground. "Okay you win." He said. I retrieved my sword and walked over to Sam I grabbed my water bottle drank a little and pour some on my head. I absorbed the water and felt energized. I put my hand on Sam's head and started to pet him.

He licked me. "Eww Sam." I said. He wagged his tail. I smiled at him. I sat on the ground and felt so short by Sam. I barely made it halfway up his leg while sitting down. I heard Bella and Jacob talking. "Some of you are going to get hurt. Some of you can get killed." Jacob perked his head up. "Because of me. At least Aqua's fighting." Bella continued. "And it's going to be 100 times worse than this right?" She asked him. He leaned his head down and she pet him. Edward walked over to them and Jacob walked away. I jumped on Sam's back and we walked home. 

*The Next Day
Jacob, Seth and I walked to where the battle was going to be. Jacob and I made up, so he was swinging our hands and I laughed. "You're not fighting? What did you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob asked Edward annoyed. "He's doing it for me okay?" Bella said. "Whatever. So tell us the plan." Jacob said. "This field will give us and advantage in battle. We'll lure them here with Bella and Aqua's scent. But it needs to end here." Jasper said.

"Edward and I are going to a campsite. But if he carries me they'll still pick up my scent." Bella said. "But your stink however is revolting." Edward said. "Dude you do not want me to start comparing stinks." Jacob said glaring at Edward. "What he means is your scent will mask mine if you carry me." Bella said. Jacob looked at me. "If you're not comfortable with this Seth can do it." Jacob said. I shook my head. "Go ahead." "Done." Jacob said looking at Bella and Edward.

"This is not a good idea." Edward said. "Edward they won't want to go anywhere near his... oder." Jasper said. "Okay let's just try it." Bella said. Jacob picked her up. "Or de wolf coming up." Jacob said. "Run." Edward said and they left. "The problem is with Aqua. She hangs around Wolves all day and you can still smell her." Jasper said. Maybe Nico can shadow travel me. "That's a great idea Aqua. Maybe he can do that for Bella too." Edward said.

I shook my head. "No, if does it too much he gets tried and he can't afford to be tired for the battle he'll have to kill a tree with just me." I said. We called Nico and he got here about 10 minutes later. When Bella and Jacob came back Jasper went to see if he could smell Bella. When he came back he said he couldn't smell her. "Okay let's try Aqua." Jasper said. I nodded. Nico grabbed my waist and summoned shadows to come.

I held my breath as we walked in the shadows when we got to the campsite I saw two tents already set up. "I'll be back." I said. I looked inside the first tent and saw Bella's stuff already in it. "I guess this one is my tent." I said. "So how are things at camp?" I asked Nico. "Fine. But it's no fun without you there." Nico said. I laughed. "When do we go back?" I asked. He shrugged. "I don't know." "Well let's go." I said.

I jumped on his back. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Getting a piggy back ride." I said. "Fine." He jumped in the shadow. I tighten my grip on his neck. I shut my eyes. "You can open your eyes now." Nico said. I opened one eye and saw we were here. "Man sometimes I hate doing that." I said. Nico just chuckled. I jumped off his back. "I'm going to go kill a tree now." Nico said stumbling a little. I grabbed his arm and put it over my shoulder I helped him to the nearest tree. He touched it and it turned brown. "Okay I'm good now thanks Aqua." He said. "No problem." 

*The Next Day
Bella was currently putting some blood on a tree, and pine tree leaves. "You're going overboard." Edward said. "If this is all I can contribute I want to do all I can." Bella said. "The newborns will be frantic." Edward said and examining her finger. "Hey don't make yourself uncomfortable." Bella said looking up at him. "It doesn't bother me anymore." Edward said. "Since when?" Bella asked. "Since I spent 24 hours thinking you were dead. You're not wearing your ring." He said looking at her ring finger.

"I don't want to risk losing it." She lied. "Or risk Jacob seeing it." Edward said. "I think we should wait to tell him. I mean at least until after the fight." Bella said. If she loves Edward then why would she care what Jacob thinks? "If you're having second thoughts-" "I'm not. I just want him to have a clear head." Bella said. "Who's head is unclear?" Jacob asked. "Nobody's I hope." Bella said. "Alice said there's a storm coming." Edward said.

"Yeah I can feel it. We should get going." Jacob said. "It's to early to be up." I said. "It's 4:00 PM." Nico said. "I know but I'm tired I didn't sleep well last night." I said. "Here I'll carry you." Nico said. He picked me up. I snuggled into his chest. "Your cold." I noted. "I know it's a Hades thing." Nico replied. "Just go while I'm prepared to shadow travel. I hate doing that." I said. "Fine." He said. He shadow traveled us up the mountain.

I shivered. Nico quickly set me down on the floor and I stayed there. "I hate doing that." I said for the billionth time. "I'm sorry." Nico said. "It's not your fault." I said and he nodded. "So how do I know when to go to the field?" I asked. "You don't know?" He asked me shocked. "Know what?" I asked. "You're sitting out of the fight." Jacob said appearing beside us with Bella. "What are you doing on the floor?" Jacob asked. "I don't want to get up, but I'm fighting." I said told them. Nico poured some water on me. I absorbed it and I got up.

"No you're not, everyone agreed your not fighting. Especially if those bloodsuckers are after you." Jacob said. "Who agreed on this?" I asked. "The Cullens, the pack, and your friends." Edward said. By this time Nico left. So I did all that training for nothing. I thought some pretty bad words and I'm not going to repeat them. "Wow Aqua I didn't know you had such colorful language." Edward said standing by. Jacob and I. "Stay the hell out of my head." I said. I sat on a nearby log.

"Thank you." Edward said to Jacob for carrying Bella. "You should get back before the storm hits." Bella said to Jacob. "No I'm staying. You're going to need my connection to the pack to keep tabs on what's going on." Jacob said. "You're not going to fight?" Bella asked surprised. "Seth will fill me in the morning. He's not happy on missing the action but it'll keep him out of trouble." Yay! Seth is coming! "Someone's excited to see Seth." Edward said making everyone look at me. "Well, duh my best friend is coming." I said. "Let's get you inside." Edward said leading Bella to her tent.

I grabbed some logs and put them in a pile. I needed to start a fire. Man I wish Leo was here. "Hey Edward do you have a lighter?" I asked and poked my head in their tent. Edward nodded he tossed me a lighter. "Thank you." I said. I walked back over to my pile of logs. I set the logs on fire. I smiled. I walked back to Bella's tent and tossed him back his lighter.

"Thanks again." I said. "No problem." He said. I sat on a log and warmed myself up. I starred at the fire, imagining it it was my first day at camp where I saw the fire dancing on Leo's palm.