Chapter 22

It's been a few weeks since that day at the beach. Jacob found out that Bella and Edward came back from their honeymoon. The Cullens have told Charlie that Bella had caught some sort of sickness in South America and Jacob went to see what was really going on. Jake called everyone to a pack meeting and we found out that Bella was pregnant with Edward's child.

"Jake?"

"Jacob."

"Jacob?"

"What happened?" I asked.

"Is it true Jacob?" Seth asked.

"It's growing fast." Embry said.

"It's unnatural." Leah said.

"Dangerous." Jared said.

"A monstrosity." Paul said.

"An abomination." Quil said.

"On our land." Embry said.

"We can't allow it." Jared said.

"We can't allow it." Everyone repeated.

"Enough! We have to protect the tribe! What they breed won't be able to control it's thirst! Every human will be in danger!" Sam said.

"We're ready." Jared said.

"No time to waste!" Leah said.

"Now?" Jacob asked.

"We must destroy it before it's born!" Sam said.

"You mean kill Bella?" Seth asked.

"Her choice affects us all." Sam said.

"Bella's human. Our protection applies to her." Jacob said.

"She's dying anyways!" Leah said.

"Enough! We have real enemies to fight tonight." Sam said.

"Tonight?" Jacob asked.

"You will fight with us Jacob." Sam said with the alpha voice towering over Jacob. Everyone but Jacob bowed down to Sam.

"I. Will. Not. I am the grandson of Ephraim Black. I am the grandson of a chief! I wasn't born to follow you or anyone else!" Jacob said and ran off.

Seth and I looked at each other and we followed. Sam and some of the other pack members snapped at us to try and stop them but we couldn't hear them anymore. The pack howled. Seth and I quickly caught up to Jacob who was heading to the Cullen's house. "Whoa!" Seth said almost falling as we walked down the hill to Jacob. Jake looked at us then he looked behind us as if looking to see if anyone was following us. 

"Don't worry they're not following us." I said told Jacob looking in his eyes. "What do you guys think you're doing here?" Jake snapped at us. "We left Sam's pack." Seth said happily. "Go home Seth. Aqua shouldn't you go back to your brother?" Jake asked us harshly as we stopped walking. I shook my head. "We won't stand behind him!" Seth said. "Oh yes you will. I'm not kidding get out of here." Jacob said motioning to the opposite way we were walking. "Is that an order?" Seth asked.

"Are you going to make us bow down too?" I asked finishing Seth's sentence. "I'm not ordering anyone. Look I'm just going off on my own here." Jacob said. Seth and I smiled at each other than at Jacob. "Great! We got your back." Seth said and we continued walking. "No you don't! If Sam comes after Bella are you really ready to fight your brothers and sister?" Jacob asked Seth. "And your own brother?" Jacob asked looking both of us in eyes. I looked down. "If it's the right thing to do." Seth and I said quietly, the smiles on our faces vanished. "Whatever. I'm going to give the Cullens a heads up. Do what you want." Jacob said walking ahead of us.