Percy when he was little.

In an apartment in New York City a little boy and his mother sat in their kitchen. The little boy would grow to be very special but he didn't know that. No he just knew he loves his mother and blue cookies.

The raven haired boy with bright sea green eyes was focusing on rolling his cookie dough, his tongue poking out of his mouth. He smiled at his mother and handed her the cookie dough to put on the tray and he grabbed more dough to roll. The boy was very happy for the time with his mother, without his stepdad.

Sally Jackson watched her son with sad eyes. She knew who his father was and what that meant for them. Sally vowed she would protect him as long as she could. She took another cookie from him as she rolled out a few. When they were done Sally popped the cookies into the oven.

"Percy I'll be right back." She left the room.

Percy climbed up on a kitchen stool to look at the fish bowl his mom got him a week ago. The little gold fish swam around in circles. "Swilly Fwishy..." He muttered as he got a bit of food in his chubby hands and put it in the bowl.

Well I'm sorry but there isn't much room in here is there?

Percy squinted at the fish. "Did the fwishy twalk?" Percy let his head rest on his arms.

Yes I did. And it's an honor to meet you Little Prince.

"Oh... Well... It's nice to mweet you too fwishy." Percy smiled at the small fish.

Sally walked back into the kitchen to find Percy talking to the fish. She bit her lip. "Percy?" The little boy turned and smiled at his mother.

"Mommy! Can we take the fwishy to a pond? He-Sworry- SHE isn't happy in the bowl." The little kid blinked and smiled.

"Sure Percy. Lets go." They grabbed their coats and the bowl and headed to the park. Sally smiled as Percy poured the fish in and said goodbye.

"Ok fwishy is happy now cookies!" Percy smiled at his mother and they walked hand in hand back to their home.

Inspired by this picture I found.