Coffee Shop

Annabeth completely hated today. For three reasons. One, her father was being an ass, he was no-so-subtly pressing the point that she was 25 and signal. Two, her boss was being ridiculous and not taking any of her ideas. And third. . . Today marked the three mouth anniversary of Luke breaking her heart.

Luke had claimed that Annabeth was cold and detached. In reality she has been working really hard. But he used that as the excuse for him cheating on Annabeth. She had found Luke making out with a skimpy blonde in a bar he frequented. Annabeth had a sneaking suspicion that that wasn't the first time or as far as those two went.

In reality Luke probably didn't like that fact that Annabeth didn't have much time for him. That and she wasn't comfortable enough to do some stuff he wanted to do...

So there she walked down the busy New York sidewalk. She wore an dark grey business suit, and a black trench coat, on her way home. Annabeth was about to pass out, she hadn't slept well due to finishing a project just to get it turned down. That of course means it has to start raining.

Annabeth sighs and ducks into a coffee shops near by. She shakes out her coat and folds it over her arm. She takes in the place.

It's a warm and cozy little shops with only two windows in the front. Two tables are sat inform of them, the rest of the seats were booths. The wood was a dark and warm color. Cute paintings hung from the walls and a rung covered most of the main floor.  Behind the dark counter a worker was writer down the order of another customer.

Only a few others were here.

The worker was a very handsome man with Raven black hair and green eyes. His hair was tosseled like he never brushed it, but it worked. He was obviously muscled because of the tight black short-sleeved shirt that he wore a dark red apron over.

The customer was a red head with blue eyes. She had on tight jeans and a crop top sweater. Her hair was braided over her shoulder. The girl was obviously flirting. The boy didn't seem to notice and just smiled politely.

Annabeth made her way up to the counter, running a hand through her hair. The guy working smiled at her and stepped behind the cash register. Up close his eyes were even more gorgeous and she could tell he had a deep tan. Over the smell of coffee she could just make out the smell of ocean breeze.

She found her self smiling up at him. He stood about a head taller than her, even in heels. His smile was playful and welcoming if not a one of a troublemaker.

"Welcome to Ambrosia and Nectar Coffee. What can I get you?" His voice was deep and smooth. Ok this guy embodied the ocean. 

"Um a Carmel Macchiato and a banana muffin?" Annabeth smiled again.

"Sure thing. That will be," he looked down. "$5.30." He turned to get her things. So Annabeth stepped over to the side, although no one was behind her.

The red head was pouting over in the corner. Annabeth decided to be friendly. "Hi I'm Annabeth. What's your name?"

"Macy." The girls answer was short and irritated.

After a few minutes the guy came back. He gave Annabeth the muffin and the coffee. "There you go." He smiled.

Annabeth looked at his name tag. Percy. "Thank you." Annabeth went to turn to sit down but the guy stopped her.

"Hey you know my name." He motioned to the name tag. "What's yours?"

"Annabeth. Annabeth Chase." They both smiled then Annabeth sat down. After she finished she waved to Percy and left.

Annabeth couldn't help but become a regular there. And after a few weeks Percy asked her out. It was strange but she said yes.