One

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were three of the few who were returning to Hogwarts for their seventh year. The trio hopped off the train and walked over to where the thestrals were waiting along with the rest of the students.

They said a quick 'hello' to Hagrid who was once again helping first years into the boats before getting into their own carriage, Ginny hopping in behind them after catching up. Before the carriage left Neville and Luna got in as well, saying hello to the four.

In another carriage sat Draco, Blaise, and Pansy. The three were the only Slytherins that had decided to accept the invitation to return to Hogwarts. They hoped to fix their wrongdoings and they knew Headmistress McGonagall understood that, she was the one who had invited them back after all.

The only thing the three weren't sure about was the new class they were being forced take with the rest of the returning seventh years. Some parenting class that was ordered by the Ministry.

Draco knew that McGonagall wasn't fond of the idea as they had talked about it. She had had an idea of a way to bring unity back to Hogwarts and Draco was more than willing to go along with it, as long as a certain Gryffindor princess was too.

. . .

Hermione had received a letter whilst unpacking her things up in the Gryffindor tower. She noticed the familiar owl and gladly handed it a quick treat before taking and opening the letter.

Dear Miss. Hermione Granger,
I hope that you had a safe and enjoyable trip back to Hogwarts. I ask that once you are settled in you please come visit me up in the Headmistress' office before the Welcoming Feast for a quick chat. I have a question to ask you about the new class that has been put into place by the Ministry. The password is Lemon Drop. Please send your reply back with Gizmo.
Sincerely,
Headmistress McGonagall

Hermione smiled before pulling out a piece of parchment paper and a quill, quickly writing back her response. Once she was done she tied the letter to Gizmo's leg and sent him back but not before giving the owl another treat.

The girl continued to unpack her things and when she was done she grabbed her wand, putting it into her back pocket of her jeans before walking out of her dorm and down into the Common Room.

"Hey Hermione!" Harry called out from his spot on the couch next to Ginny. Ron sat in an armchair next to them, playing a game of Wizards Chess with his sister.

"Hey guys," Hermione smiled. "I'll see you at the feast, McGonagall wanted to talk to me before."

"Okay, 'Mione. See you then," Ginny responded before moving one of her chess pieces.

She waved to them before walking into the tunnel that lead to the passageways and out into the hall.

. . .

Hermione made her way toward Gargoyle Corridor and gave the password as soon as she stood in front of the only Gargoyle on the third floor. The Gargoyle moved to the side, revealing a moving staircase. She stepped onto it, making her way up to the office.

Hermione was greeted by a big wooden door seconds later. She knocked on the door, waiting to be called in before opening it and greeting Headmistress McGonagall.

"Hello, Headmistress," Hermione smiled, greeting one of her favorite professors.

"Miss. Granger, how nice to see you again," McGonagall smiled back, pulling the young girl into a quick hug. "Please, sit."

Hermione took a seat in front of the mahogany desk, allowing for Professor McGonagall to begin the conversation she wanted to have.

"So, Miss. Granger, as you're aware the Ministry has enforced a new class to take place for all seventh years. In the class you're paired with a partner and you and that partner will raise a child or children together, depending on the letter you get from the Ministry."

Hermione nodded, letting the Professor continue on with what she was saying.

"As you know, only eight of you have returned to complete your seventh year instead of just moving on. Now, the pairs for the class have already been made and since I had input on the pairings I already know who is paired with who."

McGonagall looked up to see if Hermione was following along with what she had been saying. She continued when she received another nod of understanding from the young witch.

"Well, my main goal for this year is to promote house unity especially after the war. Because of this goal, I had to make some readjustments with the pairings and fortunately the Ministry allowed for me to make the changes."

Hermione raised her eyebrow a bit, having a feeling these changes had to do with her and who she was paired with.

"Now, as I'm sure you've figured out already, I've called you in here because it was your pairing that I changed. With the house unity I want to begin, I've changed your partner to be Mr. Malfoy. Before you say anything, I want you to know that Mr. Malfoy has already been told of this. He has agreed to the change and believes that it will help house unity begin."

"Professor, with all due respect, I don't think it would work between us. Malfoy and I don't get along very well," Hermione spluttered.

"As I said, Mr. Malfoy has already agreed to this and I hope you do too. I can promise you that Mr. Malfoy will cause no trouble between the two of you. He has changed a lot since the war, Miss. Granger, I can assure you of that."

Hermione sat quietly in her seat, thinking over what was just said. "Okay. Okay, I'll do it. I'm not sure how great it'll work out at first between all of us but if Mal- Draco has already agreed then I'm up for it."

"Wonderful, I'll let Mr. Malfoy know and then I will see you two and the others after the feast so you can collect your letters. I'm certain this will help bring house unity into motion."