Eight

"Shit, shit, shit!"

"Draco stop cursing! That's not helping anything."

"Fuck, are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure! Why wouldn't I be sure?! Don't just stand there! Help me you stupid idiot!"

"Shit, right," Draco scrambled up. "I- What do I do?!"

"Call Madame Pomfrey over the floo, let her know we'll be coming in like two minutes."

"Right, okay," Draco ran over to the fireplace, quickly flooing the nurse before running back over to Hermione's side.

"Now what?"

"Help me!"

"Right," Draco nodded. He carefully picked the witch up, carrying her over to the floo. He stepped inside, still holding Hermione, and she grabbed a thing of floo powder. Hermione threw it down and Draco spoke the words 'Hospital Wing'.

. . .

Hours had passed and Draco was still waiting in the Hospital Wing. Every now and then he could hear groaning coming from Hermione's mouth. He hadn't been back there yet, figuring she didn't want him there with her.

He sat in one of the chairs, head in his hands trying to get some sleep. Draco had been asleep for a good five minutes when he was suddenly awakened by a frantic, pregnant Ginny Weasley.

"Huh? What happened?" He mumbled.

"She's going into labor?!" Ginny yelled. "And you didn't tell me?!"

"Sorry?" Draco questioned, still half asleep.

Harry came running in seconds later.

"Ginny, I told you you can't just go running off. I know Draco didn't tell you but I'm sure here's a little more preoccupied with other things."

Ginny huffed and fell back into one of the chairs, crossing her arms angrily.

"So how's she doing," Harry asked, turning to face Draco.

"I dunno," Draco responded. "I haven't been back there."

"What do you mean you haven't been back there?"

"I haven't been back there. I didn't think I should."

"Godric, Malfoy," Harry spoke. "How stupid are you? Get your dumbass back there."

Harry pulled Draco up from his seat and pushed him toward the closed door. "Go in there and help her through this."

Draco walked into the room to find a panting Hermione and a happy looking Madame Pomfrey.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy! Glad you finally decided to join us. Everything is looking great here, all is going to plan."

"Speak for yourself," Hermione grumbled, pain obviously shooting through her body. "Get your ass over here and hold my hand, Malfoy."

Draco's eyes widened at the request but rushed over to her side nonetheless. He took her hand into his own and winced at the sudden squeezing.

"Shit, 'Mione. You're going to make me lose the circulation in my hand if you keep squeezing like that."

"It's not my fault I'm in pain," She seethed out, glaring at him.

"Fuck, I didn't mean it like. Sorry."

"Alright, Miss. Granger. It's time to start pushing, the babies are ready to be born."

. . .

After an hour and a half, plenty of screams, and lots of yelling at Draco, the two students were finally both holding a baby in their arms. Draco a baby girl and Hermione a baby boy.

"Right, have you two come up with names yet?" Madame Pomfrey asked the two.

"Danielle Rose for the girl," Draco whispered, staring in awe at the baby girl laid in his arms.

"Scorpius Hyperion for the boy," Hermione whispered, cooing. She was already absolutely in love with the child and had no idea how she would ever be able to give him up.

. . .

a lot of you were asking for a chapter so here you go! now because of the asking i've come up with a question for all of you. would you rather have shorter, more frequent chapters or longer, less frequent chapters?
- emma