Six

The rest of their day was spent in the bathroom, Draco whispering calming things in Hermione's ear while holding her hair and rubbing her back. After a while he decided that she would probably be more comfortable back in their flat so he carefully picked her up and walked toward the Parenting Ward.

Draco opened the door to their flat and walked her into their bedroom, laying Hermione down onto the bed.

"I'll be right back," Draco said, moving to the kitchen. He grabbed a bucket from under the sink and took a package of crackers from one of the cabinets. Walking back into the room, he set the bucket down on the side of the bed and handed Hermione the package of crackers.

Draco then went into the bathroom and wet a washcloth, bringing it back with him and laying it over her forehead.

"How're you feeling?" He asked.

"Horrible," Hermione answered. "Probably doesn't help that I haven't eaten anything all day until now." She held up the bag of crackers, taking one and shoving it into her mouth.

Draco sent her a sad smile and sat next to her on the bed. "Sucks you have to go through all this for a class."

Hermione nodded in response, groaning as pain shot through her body. That happened whenever the potion went into effect letting her know that soon enough her stomach would be growing even more. She was already big enough and there were still three weeks left until the end of the month.

"Why're you being so nice to me?" She asked, trying to sit up and get comfortable.

"I dunno," Draco responded. "I've changed a lot, as I'm sure McGonagall told you. I've put the war and all that prejudice shit behind me. Never really believed in any of it either, it was more of my father forcing his own beliefs onto me. And well, on top of all that, I just figured you're already going through enough pain and don't need me being a dick to you added on top of it all."

"I don't blame you, y'know," Hermione said after a while of silence. "I don't blame you for anything you said or did when we were younger. I'm not sure how but I think I kind of knew that it was your dad making you act that way. Maybe it was the war that made me realize it but somehow I think I knew back then that it wasn't really you, I just didn't want to believe it."

Draco smirked. She definitely was the brightest witch of their age. "I appreciate that."

. . .

"Godric, I can't wait to get these things out of me," Hermione complained, moving around again. She was getting even more uncomfortable by the second and her double Potions class today wasn't helping anything.

"You can say that again," Ginny mumbled. She was carrying triplets and was even bigger than Hermione was. They only had one more week to go before they could finally meet their 'children' and both girls were getting more antsy everyday.

Soon enough class was over, allowing Hermione and Ginny to finally get off of the uncomfortable benches they were forced to sit on during Potions. It was time for lunch and because they were both still sensitive to the different smells in the Great Hall the two had been eating together in their flats. Hermione and Ginny had definitely bonded even more over their lunches alone, talking about children names and how different their lives would be for a short period of time.

"It'll be so weird y'know," Hermione said. "Afterward I mean. I feel like we're going to get so attached to them and then they're just going to disappear one day and it'll all be like they never existed."

"Yeah, I get that," Ginny nodded. "It will be weird but I feel knowing that it'll happen now may help when it actually does happen."

"I guess so," Hermione concluded. She opened the door to her flat for herself and Ginny, shutting it behind them. Walking into the kitchen she looked for something for them to eat before finding a frozen cheese pizza in the freezer. "Cheese pizza?"

"Sounds great," Ginny answered, sitting on the couch and flipping through the tv channels.

Hermione took the pizza out as well as her wand, magically defrosting and heating it up. She took out two plates and a thing of fruit before moving the pizza box, plates, and fruit to the living room. Sitting next to Ginny, she handed her a plate and took one for herself as well as a slice of pizza.

The two girls talked some more while they ate, the tv playing as white noise in the background.