Twelve

"Scorpius stop running away!" Draco yelled out, trying to catch his child.

Scorpius was running all around the house, acting out his costume. Draco was running after him, trying to catch the boy. Hermione was in the other room, getting Danielle dressed in her own costume.

It was Halloween night and because of the new parenting class the school was having a Halloween party for the children after the usual Halloween feast. The kids got to dress up in costumes and have a little dance party with different treats and candy.

Hermione was excited that Hogwarts was doing this since she hadn't experienced a true Halloween since she was little. Her parents used to make her costumes and take her out trick-or-treating every year.

Danielle came running out of her room in her Village Belle costume. Beauty and the Beast had been one of her favorite bedtime books so far and she had asked to be Belle for Halloween. Hermione followed after her daughter, catching a running Scorpius in the process.

"What're you doing, silly boy," Hermione laughed, tickling him.

"Flying mummy!" Scorpius exclaimed, laughing.

Hermione laughed again, smiling down at the child. "Yes you were, baby. Go sit down next to your sister now, okay? It's time to get ready to go."

"Okay mummy."

. . .

Hours had passed and the eight students were currently sitting down next to each other, watching their children run and dance around the Great Hall with each other.

Harry and Ginny sat hand-in-hand, as well did Blaise and Luna. The child of the latter had apparently brought them even closer together and they were now dating.

Harry was whispering things into Ginny's ear as she cuddled into him, she had moved onto his lap a little while ago as she was starting to get a bit tired from being up later than usual after taking care of triplets all day.

"Mummy, mummy!" A little Lily came running up to Ginny. "Guess what I got?!"

"What'd you get, sweetheart?" Ginny asked, looking at her daughter with interest.

Hermione watched the exchange between the two, thinking to herself about how great of a mom Ginny would be once she and Harry really had kids.

"Mummy!" Danielle called out, running up to Hermione. "Mummy, Scorpy took my candy!"

Hermione looked down at the girl before looking back up to her son who was watching them from afar. "Mummy will take care of it, baby."

The young witch stood up, handing the girl over to Draco who tickled her stomach before pulling over a chocolate cupcake. She walked over to where her son was standing. He looked down at the ground as soon as she was stood in front of him.

"Scorp?" Hermione asked, kneeling down in front of the small child so they were the same height.

"Yes mummy?" The boy responded, looking up at her through his long eyelashes. He had definitely inherited those from his father.

"Did you take some of Dani's candy?"

He looked down again, slowly nodding his head. "Yes, mummy. I so sorry mummy."

Hermione wrapped her arms around the small boy, pulling him into her for a hug. "It's okay, sweetie. You just have to say sorry to your sister and give her her candy back, okay?"

"Okay mummy," Scorpius nodded, running over to where Danielle was with Draco. Hermione stood up as well, walking over to where they were.

"I sorry Dani," Scorpius whispered, handing the candy he had taken to her so she could put it in her trick-or-treat bag.

"It's okay Scorpy," Danielle said, hugging him.

Hermione smiled down at her children, happy with the conclusion of the little mishap. Draco watched as the witch smiled at their children, the sight bringing a smile to his own face.

. . .

sorry for such the long wait, guys! i've been extremely busy with school. i hope you enjoyed this chapter and i also realized that we hit 3k reads a few days ago! thank you guys so much, i appreciate every single one of you. i hope you've all enjoyed the story so far and i can't wait to keep writing more.

- emma