Eighteen

The family arrived at The Burrow a bit late so everyone was already there waiting for them. Danielle and Scorpius ran off to play with the other children while Draco and Hermione made their way into the kitchen where everyone else was hanging around talking.

"Oh Hermione, Draco dear! You finally made it. Are the kids here as well?" Molly Weasley asked from her spot by the oven.

"Nice to see you Mrs. Weasley," Hermione responded. "And yes, they're upstairs somewhere with the rest of the children."

Draco sent the woman a smile before sitting on an open chair, pulling Hermione down to sit on his lap. He caught Harry send him an interesting look before moving his attention elsewhere, or more specifically, Hermione.

"Dinner should be ready in just a few. Would you kind going to get your parents from the spare room on the second floor, dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked Hermione. She nodded before getting up from Draco's lap and moving to go upstairs.

"I'll get the children," Ginny spoke up, moving to leave after Hermione. Luna and Pansy got up to help her as they both knew all nine children could be a real handful.

. . .

Hours had passed and the group of nineteen were currently outside in the big open field in front of the Weasley's house. Draco, Harry, Ron, Blaise, Fred, and George were playing a three-on-three game of Quidditch while Hermione, Ginny, Pansy, and Luna were sitting around catching up and watching the kids play.

Molly, Arthur, Monica, and Wendell were talking inside over a pot of coffee and getting the presents sorted into groups by name so they would be easier to hand out once everyone came inside.

"So how's it going?" Hermione asked the other three girls. The four hadn't gotten a chance to talk in a while.

"It's well," Ginny responded. "Harry and I are doing great. I honestly think having the kids has made our bond even stronger. I'm excited for us to have real ones."

"Ron and I are okay," Pansy admitted. "He's not my first choice obviously, but I think it's going fairly well. Not sure if it'll last after this is all over though."

"Blaise and I are perfect," Luna said dreamily. "We've talked about getting married and starting our own family after this is all over as well. Elizabeth is great also, but we want more than just one kid."

Hermione smiled at her friends. She was happy for them all, even Pansy who she had just recently started to get along with.

"Draco and I are great too. We haven't really talked about what's going to happen after this is all over though. Haven't really thought about it myself either to be honest with you."

"It'll all get figured out," Ginny said, sending the girl a sympathetic smile. "Promise."

"Thanks Gin."

. . .

Draco and Hermione had just put Danielle and Scorpius to bed and were now in their own little room getting themselves ready.

Hermione was stood at the vanity taking off the small amount of makeup she had on while Draco was changing out of his clothes and staying in just his boxers. After doing so, he threw Hermione his shirt to put on and she did so. The only other thing covering her body being a pair of sleep shorts which didn't even leave much to the imagination.

"Draco?"

"Hmm?"

"What's going to happen between us after this is all over?"

"What do you mean, love?" Draco asked, turning to look at the beautiful witch he got to call his.

"Well, we were all talking, the girls and I. And they were all talking about their plans after this whole project is over. And, well, we haven't talked about it much, so I was just wondering."

Draco's eyes softened at this and he walked over to the girl, pulling her into his arms and sitting with her on the bed.

"Whatever you would like to happen can happen, 'Mione. But I know for me, I'd really love to continue to be your boyfriend. And I'd hope sometime in the future we could get married and maybe start a family of our own."

The young girl smiled at this, nodding. She definitely agreed with that statement and hoped for nothing less.

Hermione loved Draco for all she was worth, and she hoped she would get to live the rest of her life by his side no matter what happened. Little did she know, Draco felt the exact same way about her that she did he. And both were too scared to admit their longing of the future with the other.