Chapter One

One

Everyone buzzed with excitement as the weekend approached. Well, almost everyone. Clarence walked to her locker with her head down, and books pressed against her chest. Her deep green bag hit against her legs with every step as she seemed invisible to everyone. Some of the commotion was heard by her as others were forgotten in the noise. She made it to her locker as the hallway's noise came to an end.

The sound of heels clicking against the tiles of the school caused Clarence to sigh as books fell into her bag. Her locker slammed shut as she flinched back from the sudden aggression. "Hey Clarey, any plans for the weekend?" She slid her hand slowly down Clarence's locker till falling to her own hip.

"Nothing." Clarence mumbled under her breath, her eyes just looked over the female in front of her. She wore a tight white crop top with high wasted shorts. Her hair was straightened and dyed blond while her skin was 'touched by the sun', but Clarence thought she just looked burnt.

"Excuse me? Speak up." The girl smirked as she watched Clarence fettle with her hoodie sleeves. Clarence was a petite girl who found her comfort by hiding herself from the world. Her hair hid her face as her hoodie fell to her knees.

"I-I don't have plans, Laura." Her voice was soft and weak. Her insides were screaming to run, yet she just looked at the white tiling that looked tainted.

"I'd be shocked if a fat ass like you could get some. I mean, do you even have any friends? You're just a lonely little freak." She gave a light laugh as Clarence pulled on her hoodie sleeves trying to find comfort.

"Is there a point to this conversation?" Clarence's soft voice was almost un-noticeable unless you were Laura. Laura looked at Clarence with the eyes of a hawk who just found its prey.

"Are you saying you don't enjoy my company?" Laura went closer to Clarence who backed herself in the lockers. Laura gave her a sinister smirk as she watched Clarence shake her head.

"N-no, I was just wondering if you needed anything!" Her voice was desperate for an escape, yet Laura offered her none.

"You should be happy I even know your name! You're just a worthless, pathetic, weak, ugly little bitch." She grabbed Clarence's shoulders and slammed it into the lockers, "Understood?"

"Y-yes." Her voice was softer than before as she looked at the girl in front of her walk away. Clarence sighed as she wondered how a beautiful girl can be so ugly. Clarence settled her bag against her shoulders, and made her way down the hall.

She walked with her head down as her thoughts ran through her mind. Her thoughts invaded her, so she did not notice the boy until it was too late. Her face collided with a chest as she body began to fall. She wrapped her arms around him in attempted to save herself, yet she only dragged him down too.

He caught himself on his elbows before he crushed her. Her arms were latched onto his waist as her eyes were clenched closed. His friends did not notice his absent as they pushed each other into lockers. When Clarence pulled her face way from him, she was met with soft brown eyes which held amusement.

Clarence mind ran with thoughts as she realized Justin Smith fell onto of her. Her arms dropped in surprised as he just started into her own brown eyes that held scars of her past.

"I-I'm sorry." Her voice was light as it fanned his face. He seemed to be taken out of his gaze as he began to move off of her. He offered her a hand which she warily took.

"It's fine. Next time you should look where you are going, Clare." Justin sighed as he began typing on his phone which was fit perfectly in his hands. Clarence briefly looked over him as she realized his chestnut hair was messier than it was during English.