Chapter five

The shirt swayed around her knees as she looked in the mirror. She arms her hidden by the sleeves that surpassed her hands. She rolled them to her wrist to have motion to her hands.

When slipping the boxers on, they just fell right off. She took one of her hair ties and tide one end. It was still a little lose, but nothing too problematic. She quickly put her hair in a ponytail and walked back to the bed.

"How do I look?" Clarence gave a small smile as his face turned red.

"Um, great." He averted his eyes to the bed, "I'll take the floor."

"No, I'll take the floor." Clarence folded her arms together as he shook his head.

"You are the guest." He stated as though it was obvious who got the bed, yet Clarence shook her head.

"I was an impolite guest you didn't want. Plus, this is your room." She stated as he rolled his eyes.

"You are never an unwanted guest, Clare." He spoked as their eyes met. She broke away first as he still watched her.

"We could share." Clarence mumbled as she looked at his wooden floors. They were chilled from the night air, yet it helped keep her awake.

"Are you sure?" Justin asked as worried overtook his voice. Clarence looked at him with a smile as she nodded. His face appeared nervous as he mumbled okay to her.

"I like the left side." Justin stated as she climbed onto the massive bed. She took her spot on the right as she watched him lay over the covers. She slid underneath the covers which embraced her with warmth. When she glanced at Justin, he was still above his covers.

"Justin, you are going to get cold." Clarence stated with slight worry as he shook his head.

"I'll be fine." Justin shrugged. Clarence sighed, and put her hand on his arm. She gave him a serious look as he tried to avoid her gaze.

"Justin, what's wrong?" Her voice laced with concern. Justin turned on his side and looked at her eyes.

"You." His voice was soft as he took her hand in his. Hurt flashed through her eyes for a moment as thoughts floated through her.

"If you want, I can leave." Her voice was softer than it usually was. Justin's only reply was a shake of the head and a laugh. "What is it?"

"Nothing, just get some sleep." Clarence nodded. She turned her body away from him to the wall as to hind away from him. Her eyes may have been shut, but her mind was far from sleep. Thoughts swirled inside of her as Justin stared at her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when an arm slipped its way under her neck, and around her waist. He gently pushed her body against him gently. She heard him chuckle softly when she gasped in surprise.

"Stop worrying, Clare." He whispered in her hair then he kissed her head.

One of Clarence's hands tangled itself with the one draped on her hip while the other rested by his arm that was around her neck. The only light in the room was from the street light and moon entering the window. Her fingers kept fiddling with his own as she thought.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He gave a sleepy mumbled into her hair. Clarence felt her mouth move before she could stop it.

"Does that line work for all the girls?" Justin move the arm that held around her neck to question her. His other hand stayed connected with her own as she bit her lip.

"What do you mean?" His voice was low and slightly irritated. She turned to lay on her back to see him. His eyes were tired, yet it held a sign of concern.