Chapter Eleven

Clarence woke from a knocking at her window. The moonlight cascaded into her room as the knocking became louder. She ran a hand through her messy hair and wrapped her blanket around her as she made her way to the window. To her surprise, she saw Justin sitting on the roof waiting for her to open the window.

She wrapped the blanket around herself tighter, and slowly unlocked the window. Justin slipped inside the house with ease as he smiled at her.

"Did I wake you?" Justin gave her a smile as he pushed his hands into his pockets. He looked at the room as Clarence mumbled yes.

"It's a little bland in here." Justin ignored her glare while he continued to look around her room, "Very white, is that your favorite color?"

"No," Clarence continued when she saw the questioning in his eyes, "Purple."

"You are not a morning person." Justin gave a small laugh when she rubbed her eyes. She was still wrapped in a blanket trying to defend herself from the cold.

"Maybe I would be if it was actually morning." She mumbled heading back into her bed.

"Well, we have to get going. I have a surprise for you." Justin smiled and wrapped his arms around her as she tried to get into bed anyways.

"I have a surprise for you too. I like my bed more than you." Clarence soft voice was filled with bitterness. Justin could not keep the grin off his face as he saw her.

"Someone is salty." He laughed lightly, "It's only 3 am, and most teens are up."

"I'm not most teens then." She wined as she tried to get back onto her bed, yet Justin stopped her.

"Come on, please?" Justin pouted at Clarence. She loosened the grip on the blanket as thought about leaving with him. She couldn't think long as the cold air suddenly hit her.

"What the hell?" Clarence yelled as the freezing wind from the night air hit her. Justin was laughing as he held the blanket in his arms.

"Come on, Clare..." His voice trailed off, but his eyes became more serious.

"What?" Clarence rubbed her hands over her arms as his face became troubled. His eyes traced over her scars that littered her arm.

"Who did that to you?" He gestured to her arms that were covered in scars. Clarence felt her breath hitch as he saw the anger in his eyes.

"No one, I need to get ready." Clarence stood up, and headed to her closet to grab clothes for her to wear.

"Clare, who hurt you?" His voice was cold, and angry as he looked at the scars closer.

"Justin, I am going to change, then we are going to go, ok? Now get out." She demanded, but Justin stayed put crossing his arms.

"I'll tell you later when I'm in proper clothing." He seemed to just realize Clarence was just wearing an oversized shirt with tiny shorts.

"I'll wait out...there." Justin mumbled and closed the door on his way out.

Clarence gave a small smile as she began to change. She wore a huge hoodie to hide herself while her jeans bagged around her skin. Her usually straight hair, held small curls and tangles from the night's rest. She looked in the mirror and was dissatisfied with what she saw.

She made her way into the hallway, and was met with a serious looking Justin. He was leaning against the wall and looking at the ground. When he looked up, his eyes were filled with concern, yet still held something Clarence could not decipher.