Chapter Eight

Clarence laid on her bed while looking at the ceiling. Her mind wondered to Justin, and all he did for her this week which caused a blush to her cheeks at the thought.

It was Monday causing her personal hell to open up again. She made her way to her locker with her head down. She snuggled into her hoodie Justin gave her at Burken's. His scent was still roaming the fabric, so it gave her comfort as she walked the halls.

As she opened her locker, a voice rang next to her ear.

"Nice to know you like that hoodie, Clare." Justin's voice caused her to let the breath she was holding out. Her smile spoke volumes as her hand found his.

"Justin, it's just you." She spoke in relief at him as he lifted his eyebrow.

"Clare Bear, my favorite little bitch!" A high voice spoke and heels hit the tiles. Clarence felt her eyes widen as she let his hand go. She turned to her locker to hide away.

"Please, leave Justin." Clarence's voice was small and she recoiled. Justin looked at her concerned as he stared between the girl coming and her.

"Why?" Justin asked, but before Clarence could reply Laura was there.

"So, what did you do this weekend?" She smiled lightly before laughing. "Sorry, I forgot, I don't care what a piece of shit like you does." Justin glared at Laura and looked at Clarence for answers.

Clarence didn't make eye contact with Justin, and just pulled on her sleeves, "Awe, did I hurt someone's feelings? Why else won't the piece of shit talk? You aren't like normal today."

"No, I think you are talking." Justin said coldly at her which causing Laura to turn around. When she saw him, she gasped.

"Justin, nice to see you." She plastered on a smile while she completely forgot about Clarence.

"Wish I could say the same, Laura. Now listen, you leave my girl alone." Justin glare just worsen by the minute.

"Your girl?" Laura laugh, "You can't be serious. This girl is a-"

"Beautiful person." He glared one last time before sliding his arm around Clarence's shoulder.

Laura opened and closed her mouth multiple times before just walking away. Clarence hugged Justin when she was out of sight mumbling thank you multiple times.

Clarence smiled, as she realize that Monday's won't be so bad. Her phone vibrated causing her to break from the day dreams.

I'll be there is five

Clarence smiled as she saw her text. She got up and started brushing her hair. Thinking of everything else.

"Where do you sit at lunch?" Justin asked when she came to her locker. He was leaning against it with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"With Haylee and Elijah." Clarence gently pushed him to get to her locker.

"Well bring them to my table. I'll save seats for the three of you." Before she could refuse, he left.

Lunch was always boring for her. She'd listen to Haylee, and Elijah but she never included herself in the conversation. She was always too afraid of saying the wrong thing, or them leaving her. She smiled at the thought of lunches with Justin.

"Dude, you're off your phone!" Austin stated awe struck, and Noah went big eyed.

"What? Are you feeling ok?" Noah jumped up from his seat and leaned across the table to feel Justin's head. Justin swatted his hand away as Clarence gave a light laugh.
"I'm fine. I'm trying to talk to Clare." He said slightly irritated to have their conversation interrupted.

"Aw, Clare you are melting his cold heart." Austin laughed when Justin glared at him.

"You aren't allowed to call her Clare, only I can." Clarence blushed lightly as she hid her face in Justin's shoulder. More laughter of the two boys in front of them erupted.

She laughed at the memory. She put on her long sleeve black shirt and skinny jeans on. She looked in the mirror and nodded. She smiled as more thoughts of Justin rang in her mind.

She saw Justin at her locker after first period and gave him a questioning look. As she came closer, the more his smile grew.

"What are you doing?" She pushed him softly, and entered her locker.

"I'm going to walk you to class." He smiled, taking the books from her.

"I can hold my books, and walk to Mr. Nats room myself." Clarence smiled at him.

"I know, but you deserve this." He smiled, and took her hand in his.

She grabbed her bag, and rushed down the stairs. She smiled as another memory flashed through her thoughts of Justin.

Clarence was about to turn the corner to meet Justin until she heard a group of girls say her name.

"Yeah, that Clarence girl, I heard she was dating Justin." One girl said until the other laughed.

"Yeah, right, he's too hot for her."

"If they were dating, it's because she is-"

"A beautiful girl." Justin's voice sent shivers down her spine and made her smile.

Clarence yelled goodbye to Faith as Justin knocked on the door. She opened the door, and she was met Justin's smile.

"Hey, Clare." He wrapped his arms around her, and she quickly hugged back.

No matter how many memories there are, the present is so much better.

So this isn't my favorite chapter, but the main point of it was to show you what type of boyfriend Justin is. So I hope you bared through my bad chapter, nine is much better. Anyways, have a lovely day, and if you are feeling generous, please leave a vote/comment.