Chapter Six

Clarence sat on the couch with Charlotte as she was introduced to Charlotte's toys. Bears, princess, and knights were lined up on the couch to be shown. Charlotte gave Clarence tips on how to act around each one.

"And this one is Lady Jinx! Don't invite her to tea parties, because it's bad luck!" Charlotte shoved the doll with purple hara in Clarence's face.

"Why is it bad luck?" Clarence took the doll, and sat it in her lap. She wore an elegent purple dress that matched her hair.

"Last time she came to one, she spilled her tea all over Prince Justin!" Charlotte gasped with as much horror a five year old can muster up. However, she started giggling uncontrollably causing a very confused Clarence.

"What's so funny?" Justin yelled as he put his hands on Clarence's shoulders. Clarence's already pale skin lightened as her eyes revealed horror.

"What's so funny, Clarence?" His voice rang in her ears as he gripped his hands on her shoulder harder.

"N-nothing, I was j-just-" Tears spilled over to her cheeks while his threw his bottle to the wall next to her.

"Just what, you piece of shit?" His voice screamed in her face before he threw her to the ground.

"Clare, you ok? Sorry, I scared you." Justin gave her a small smile. Charlotte took Jinx from Clarence to put her next to another doll.

"W-what? Yeah I'm fine." Clarence gave him a light smile. Justin kissed her hair before looking back to Charlotte.

Clarence tugged at her sleeves reminding herself that Justin would never hurt her. She smiled at him as his eyes fell to her.

"Nice hoodie, Clare." He had a smirk written on his face as his eyes scanned her body.

"I...um...sorry?" Clarence hid her face in her hands as Charlotte just started to giggle.

"You should be sorry, you wear it better than I do." He smiled as he took her hands away from her face. Her face was a slight red as she met Justin's eyes.

"Clarence turned into a tomato!" Charlotte shrieked behind Justin. Justin looked back at Charlotte before giving a small laugh.

"Oh god." Clarence mumbled as she pulled her hood over her head.

"Well, Clare and me have a date to get to, Charlotte." Justin exclaimed after he finished laughing.

"You are her prince!" She started jumping around with Jinx.

"What date?" Clarence lifted the hoodie slightly to look at Justin who laughed at her lightly.

"I owe you tea at Burken's." Justin smiled. When he offered his hand to her, she laced her own with his. Their smiles grew as the stared at each other. They quietly slid out as Charlotte was spinning with her toys in the excitement.

Justin opened the passenger side for Clarence before slipping into his own seat. When Justin pulled out of the drive way, Clarence just leaned her head against the window.

"So, last night... stuff happened." Justin's grip tightened on the wheel slightly. His eyes watched the road as they passed by houses.

"Which part are you talking about?" Her voice was just above a whisper and her hands tightened. Her fears and insecurities attacked her as he shifted uncomfortably.

"When we were in my bed." His voice sounded unsure and concerned. Maybe he was just as scared as Clarence was, just maybe.

"We can forget about it if you want." Clarence put her feet on the seat, and pulled her legs to her chest. Her face was have hidden in her legs as she prepared for the worst.

"Why the hell would I want to forget about it?" He took a quick glance at her and he softened his irritated tone, "I've wanted to do that for months, Clare."

"W-what?" Clarence's head snapped in his direction, but he was focused on the road.

"Remember that time I was late, so that Zach kid took my seat?" Justin had a light smile on his face.
"How could I forget?" Clarence laughed lightly as the memory replayed in her head.

Justin walked in the room while looking at his phone, glancing in the direction of his seat he scowled. After handing a note to Mr. White, he put his phone in his pocket, and pulled his chair out with the kid in it.

"What the hell do you think you are doing in my seat?" He said as if the boy just killed his mother.

"W-well, I didn't want to sit alone, so I sat with Clare." His voice a bit shaky, and his eyes looked for Mr. White. Mr. White was too invested in reading a paper to notice him however.

"What's your name?" His voice was irritated, and his glare was cold. Justin could tolerate a lot of things, but someone besides him calling Clarence 'Clare' was not one of them. Clarence looked up from her writing, and looked between the two boys.

"Zach, I got transferred to this class." His voice was just above a whisper as he stared into Justin's harsh eyes.

"Obviously, don't call her Clare again and move it." Justin crossed his arms waiting for the boy to move.

"Well, you should get here sooner than." Zach tried to sound brave as he flashed a smile at Clarence. However, she was focused completely on Justin causing his smile to fall. Justin just gave a small laugh. He grabbed the arms of the chair, and pulled it to the back of the room at an empty table sat while everyone in class was holding their laugh.

"Well, around then I wanted to kiss you." Justin shrugged.

"But that was in October, it's February now!" Clarence put her legs down as she gasped at him.

"What can I say? You're cute." Justin flashed her a quick smile before looking back on the road.

"So what does this mean?" She pulled at her sleeves until he tangled his hand into one of hers.

"As Charlotte would say, I'm your prince." Clarence brought his hand to her lips, and pressed them to the back of his hand.

Have a lovely day, and if you are feeling generous, please leave a vote/comment.