Little Do You Know - Nightwing

I don't own anything but the character Alana and the plot.

----------------

~Flash back ~

Alana laid on the bed that she once shared with Dick Grayson. The man she believed was the one for her. He was charming and sweet. And in the beginning of their relationship, he was the perfect gentleman with the expectation of never showing p for any of their dates. But lately things had been changing for the both of them. Especially with their relationship. Alana had notices how distant he was becoming with her. Spending more and more time with Barbra Gordon than her. She wasn't stupid at all. She was just naïve to think in her life someone would reciprocate the same feelings as her.

Slowly wiping the tears from her eyes, she got up from her side of the bed looking at the picture frame that sat on the nightstand. The smiles on the faces of the two people in the photo eliciting a frown on her face. She picked the picture frame up. Opening the back , she pulled the picture out and ripped the photo into pieces. Alana looked at all the photos in the room and slowly began to pull all the pictures out of the frames. As she looked at Dick's side of the bed, she looked at the photo on his nightstand and lifted the frame up. She was just about to pull it out of the frame when she heard his voice ask, " What are you doing, Alana?"

Looking up at him with tears in her eyes, she whispered," Will you hold me one last time?" Dick walked over to her and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her head before nodding his head. Walking over to the bed that they once shared, he helped her get on the bed before he followed. Pulling her close to him, he felt her head rest against his chest. He listened to her faint whimpers and the guilt tugged at his heart." I love you so much, Alana Lee. I'm so sorry." He whispered kissing her head.

~End Flashback~

Dick's eyes widened as he watched as Scarecrow pushed Alan off the building. He ran towards her and rushed to where she fell. Cradling her lifeless body in his arms.

Holding her close to him, he continued to apologize to her for not being able to save her

Holding her close to him, he continued to apologize to her for not being able to save her. He kissed her face before looking at her. He wasn't fast enough to save her. "Rich...," He heard the soft whispers as he looked down at the body that he once held in his arms.

"I'm so ... sorry Rich." She stuttered as he pulled her closer to him. "For what?," He asked stroking her hair.

"For not being enough for you." She whispered as he stared at her, "But I love you Richard Grayson. Always."

Dick watched as her eyes began to glaze over, "Stay with me, Alana. Stay with me." He protested pulling her even closer to him.

But it was too late

But it was too late. Dick never thought that the night he told Barbra that he would leave Alana would be the last time he would be able to see Alana alive. He never imagined he trading places to save Barbra. But in all honesty , that was who Alana was. She was the type of person to put others before herself. She thought about the needs of everyone else before herself. Her wants and needs were always the last thing that was on her mind. Which was why Dick now hated himself. All Alana ever wanted was to be loves by someone and to have her needs and wants catered to this time but because of his selfish choice to be with Barbra, the woman he felt his heart belong to, he had lost the only one person who really took the time to understand him.

The one person who was always there for him was now gone.