Chapter 1

"Come on, Angela! We're gonna be late!" My friend Stacy called from down the hall. She came to pick me up for a night out with a few of her friends. I'm not big on clubs but they are and they've all been dying to go to LUX. Apparently it's the best. "I'm coming!" I shout back and hurry down the hall. "Hi! I'm gonna need that dress!" She says once she sees me. I'm wearing a red short dress with tank sleeves and it's practically skin tight. The only thing I actually like about the dress is the pockets. "Well it is your dress." I answer "but it looks better on you.... and stop pulling it down! We don't need you to have a nip slip tonight." "But is so short." I answer "that's kinda the point angel. Now let's go!" She says dragging me out of the house and into the uber. "Who is meeting us there?" I ask "Kenzie, Emma, and Fiona." "Fiona? Like from shrek?" Stacy rolled her eyes at my comment. "Can you maybe.... not do that tonight?" "Do what?" I say folding my arms "your nerd stuff. They aren't those type girls." She says "those type? Really Stacy?" I answer getting annoyed. "You know what I mean angel." She says in her 'don't be mad' voice "fine. Then you have to stop calling me angel. You know I hate it." "Awwww!" She pouts "but it suits you." She continues "take it or leave it." I say "fine!" She says rather upset about it "besides you sound like my mom when you call me that." We both laugh and soon arrive at LUX. We pay the uber and wait outside for a bit. "Are they even coming?" I ask after waiting for fifteen minutes. "Yes, they should be here soon." Stacy answers "you said that ten minutes ago. Can't we just go inside and get this night over with." "Well aren't you just a bundle of joy." She answers "you know clubs aren't my thing. You should be happy I'm here. I'm even wearing this stupid dress." I say adjusting the dress length for the hundredth time tonight. "What did I tell you about pulling on it." Stacy says "fine. Fine. But can we please go inside these heals are killing me. I just want to sit." She nods in defeat and we head inside.

We enter and walk down to the bar to see the girls Stacy invited out "you have got to be shitting me." I say as Stacy runs over to them not hearing a word I said. I walk down the stairs and over to the others "everyone this is Angela, angela this is everyone." Stacy introduces. "Nice to meet you all." I say but they all just stare at me in disapproval. Just as I told her this isn't my crowd. "Ok... well I'm gonna try and find a place to sit for a minute since you were all so gracious enough to tell us you were already here." I say and walk off I hear them all scoff at me as I walk away. Bitches. After a bit Stacy comes over and hands me a drink "do you plan on staying by yourself tonight or are you gonna come join us?" She asks "I don't know are we gonna be hanging around your fake ass friends all night?" I ask "they aren't fake friends." She protests "I just watched you buy the last two round of drinks and a round of shots for all of you." I point out "they don't have any money on them." She argues in their defense "who goes to a club without money for drinks?!?" "Would you just give them a chance! For me?!?" She asks getting angry. I sigh "ok. You have a point, I'm sorry." I say and stand up "thank you!" She says. "I'll be right over. Just gonna run to the bathroom." She nods and returns to the bitch brigade. When I return from the bathroom I can't find them anywhere. I walk over to the bar and get the bartender's attention. "Excuse me did someone turn in a small black clutch?" I ask. "No." She answers sounding rather uninterested. Those fuckers! "Do you have a phone I can use then?" I ask "what do I look like an information center?" She says "look I didn't even want to come here tonight and now the people I came here with stole my shit so I have no phone, no money, or the key to my apartment, so do you have a fucking phone?" I ask again getting impatient.

"What seems to be the problem?" A new voice asks and a British one I might add. "Who are you?" I ask "lucifer Morningstar, I own this club." "Awesome. I need to borrow a phone my shit was stolen." I reply "here. Use mine." He says handing me his cell with a smile on his face. I dial my cousin's number and wait for an answer "what is it lucifer, it's late?" She answers "actually this is Angela, your cousin." I answer confused "Angela? Why are you on lucifer's phone?" She asks "how do you know him?" As I ask this I get a confused look from lucifer "my question first." She says "remember Stacy? Well she got me to go out tonight with some of her so called friends and they ditched me. And they took my stuff. Can I stay at your place till I can get the key to my place back?" I hear her sigh in mild disappointment "yeah of course. Do you need me to pick you up?" She asks "no that's fine I know you don't want to wake trixie. I'll figure it out." I answer "hey put lucifer on the phone for a second." She says and I hand the phone to him. "For you." I say. He takes his phone still looking confused and answers "hello?" I watch as a look of realization appears on his face. "Why should I?" He says into the phone "alright, fine." He finishes in defeat and hangs up the phone. "Looks like I'm your ride. Let's go." He says walking off and I follow after him "wait up! How do you know Chloe?" I ask catching up to him as he exits the club.

"We work together." He answers simply as we walk up to car, a nice vintage looking car at that. "But she's a detective, and you own a club. I'm not seeing how you work together." I reply as he opens the passenger door for me and I get in. He walks around the car and gets in the drivers seat, next thing I know we're headed to Chloe's.