Chapter 17

"Hello?" I call "are you there?!" I yell desperation straining my voice. "Serenity?" His voice answers, I let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah. Well, no. I'm Angela. At least I think...", "Angela?" The man asks "why do you remember your name now?" , it seems he's thinking aloud "wait do you know me?" I ask "you know the answer.". "I meant the me in the real world. The me that's not in dream land.", I clarify me impatience growing. "It's possible. I think." , "you're a boat load of help. Look last thing I remember I as shot. So I'm either unconscious or....dead. Can you maybe clarify which one for me you know before I freak out." I plead. "You're not dead. If you were we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.", " good." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "But, you are dying." He adds suddenly. "Oh, you could've lead with that." I practically yell.

(Lucifer's POV)

How is this even possible? This serenity person is Angela? "Hey!" She yells pulling me from my thoughts. "Yes?", "so what's happening exactly?" She sounds scared "not to worry dear, you'll be fine." I say "you're no help. Look not that I don't love our little chats but, if you're not gonna give me any information don't bother talking to me. I stressed enough as is." She says and I don't hear her voice again. "Lucifer?" Chloe asks I turn to her with a hum "what's going on with you? You e been staring at her for like five minutes with a weird face.", "thinking." I answer "when...if Angela wakes up she can come stay at LUX again until you find jace if you like. Though I do think she should have a say in the matter this time." I offer. Chloe looks at me surprised "if that's what she wants to do." She nods

I head back to LUX, returning just as Maze is setting up for tonight "where have you been all day?", "hospital." I say flatly "why?", "jace shot Angela. She's in a coma." I take a seat at the bar. "Shit." She breaths "how is she?" I look her In the eye and she knows my answer. "Don't do anything stupid, Lucifer. she may be your little pet but she's my friend don't make more trouble than it's worth." She says "she's not my pet!" I say shocked "than what is she to you exactly?" I new voice joins. I turn around to see Amenadiel. "Hello brother." I sigh "what is the girl to you Lucifer?" He asks again "why does it matter?", "that's not an answer", "well it's the one you're getting." I retort. "I'm sorry, I truly am, but I cannot allow you to get close with her." He says I look at him confused "what?", "I would stay away from her Lucifer. She's more trouble than she's worth." He leaves with that as his parting words. "What the hell was that all about?" Maze asks "I have no idea." I answer. "Lucifer." Maze says in a troubled voice "she's in a coma. She's vulnerable." Her words speak volumes. "Handle the club I'll handle my brother." I take my leave for the hospital.