Chapter 19

(Angela's Pov)

When I wake up its daytime and I find Chloe asleep in the chair next to the hospital bed. Different scenarios run through my mind as I lye awake in the silent hospital room. In an attempt to keep my mind from wandering to the worst I turn on the tv. to my dismay, it doesn't help. "hey." I hear Chloe say but don't respond, "Angela?", "huh?" I answer "you okay?" she asks. "just thinking." I sigh, "about?" Chloe "Going home.... back to the east coast." I say "what?", "I cant keep living like this. If I go home jace won't know where I am. I'll be safe." I explain not having the courage to look her in the eye. "Angela-", "Chloe. I can't go back to my apartment because he knows where I live. If I stay with you I'm putting you and Trixi in danger, and I can't stay at LUX because he knows I've stayed there. Besides I can't keep relying others." I cut her off. Chloe leans forward in the chair beside my hospital bed, elbows on her knees fingers intertwined. "Look at me." She says I slowly comply and she finally sees just how broken I've become. "Let's say you do go home. What if he follows you? Then what? I can protect you and I can't put an end to this.", she talks down to me like I'm a child getting scolded. "But what if-?", "if he doesn't follow you? That's a huge 'what if', Angela. If you run back to the east coast and he follows you there is no telling what will happen. If you stay here I have I better chance of getting the bastard. And I promise you I will." She sounds determined. I sigh "what am I supposed to do?" I ask "well, you can always extend your stay at casa de Lucifer" a familiar British accent says from the door way. "I can't ask that." I refuse "to bad because I'm offering, plus i do have security at LUX. And maze misses you." He says entering the room with a small white cardboard box. I sniff knowing it's a pastry box. "Is that?" I sniff again "freshly baked cupcakes from Antonio's?" I question, "how did you?" Chloe and lulu ask "I'm a hermit who love junk food. Gimme gimme." I answer like a five year old. "Who said they were for you?", "don't make me smite you lulu." I narrow my eyes with intent to kill laces in my voice. "Down girl." He says cautiously placing the box on my lap. I smile with satisfaction. "That cheered you up pretty fast." Chloe comments.

I open the box and stuff the first cupcake in my mouth. "Dis is amazin' " I swallow. "So are these from maze?" I ask "they're from me but she did tell me what to get." Lucifer says earning a curious look from both me and my cousin. "What?", "that's uncharacteristically sentimental for you." I say "Would It kill you to say thank you?" He rolls his eyes "I'm not willing to find out at the moment since I did in fact almost die." I joke. "Back to my offer." He changes the topic "I guess that would be fine. But I'm paying you rent while I'm there. I don't want to freeload." I answer. He goes to protest but stops knowing I won't change my mind in this. "Very well." He says before saying his goodbyes and leaving.

                                            ***
After about a week I'm released from the hospital and given the ok to return to work. I enter lux, Chloe having dropped me off, and creep to the back room to find maze getting things ready for tonight. "Hey!" I yell she whips around with a throwing knife at the ready "whoa! It's just me!" I say putting my hands up. "Sorry." She says putting it away "how are you feeling?", "i lived to tell the tale. So, good, I guess." I answer honestly. "Do you need help bringing your things up?", "nah, I didn't bring much. Chloe is gonna bring the rest by later. She doesn't want me at my apartment until I can find a new one. And jace is caught.", "Lucifer should be upstairs. Your room is basically how you left it." She informs "thanks I'll go let him know I'm here." I wave and head up to the apartment in the elevator. When the elevator reaches the top floor I hear a yelling match come to an abrupt stop. I walk out to see Lucifer and his brother. "Hey..." I say awkwardly. "Sorry, just wanted to let you know I was here. I'll be in my room." I say walking past them. "Your room?" Amenadiel asks stoping me in my tracks. "She's staying here until jace is found." Lucifer answers Amenadiel looks to me as if he's hoping his brother is lying. "Yup! I don't know what happened to lulu but he's been on a nice streak lately. Even brought me cupcakes when I was in the hospital...." I shouldn't still be out here. I briskly walk to my room shutting the door behind me. I flop on my bed as their muffled argument resumes. "Home sweet home." I groan to this warm welcome.

I open my eyes to see it's almost nine. When did I fall asleep? I get up and change into pajamas throwing my hair into a messy bun and heading out to the kitchen to make some popcorn. Once that's done I sit on the couch and watch supernatural on Netflix for the night. I get two and a half episodes in when Lucifer sits on the couch next to me. I look at him confused. "What?", "for one your footsteps are amazingly silent. And two it's only, what? Midnight?", "your point being?", I pause the episode "you were never back this early without arm candy last time I stayed here.", "no one of particular interest downstairs tonight. What are you doing?" He asks motioning to the tv. "Binge watching supernatural." I answer. "Mind if I join?" I stare at him a minute "you sure you didn't hit your head or something?", "just answer the question." He says getting annoyed. "Fine you can join. But you need to change into proper binge attire. Do you own sweat pants and a hoodie?", "He goes to answer "scratch that, Since I know you don't. Just change into something comfortable that's not a robe." I answer sinking further into the couch. He goes to get changed then returns to his spot on the couch and I place the popcorn in between us resuming the episode.

"So what's going on exactly?" "Soulless Sam." I answer bluntly. "They're trying to stop it." I add "what?", I pause the episode and turn my head to look at him finding him also sunk into the couch. "Let me catch you up to speed. Dean went to hell for four months, aka 40 years, after making a deal with a crossroads demon to bring Sam back from the dead. While in hell he unknowingly broke the first of the 66 seals on Lucifer's cage. After that is when Cas broke him out of hell and returned him to earth. Later Sam is tricked into breaking the final seal by the demon ruby. Thus releasing Lucifer from his cage and starting the apocalypse. Now here's where it gets a tad complicated. Sam and Dean are vessels for two pretty important arch angles. Dean is michael's and Sam is Lucifer's. They both say no to be their vessels. Because unlike demons angels need the vessel's permission to possess them. Sam drinks a fuck ton of demon blood to try and defeat Lucifer in his current, unstable, vessel. Sam says yes to Lucifer and once he has control throws himself, with Lucifer still possessing him, and Michael in the cage. Michael having possessed their brother from another mother, Adam. However cas pulls Sam's physical body out but, oops, he left behind his soul. So that's where we are now." I explain. "So this show is about my family?", "What? no. It's about two brothers hunting things and saving people." I answer.

"Yes but all the religious stuff?" He asks and I roll my eyes "well yea it is very religion based for the whole apocalypse thing. And yes angels are still a big part of it. But most angels are dicks, God is a dead beat dad, and the king of hell is probably one of the most loved secondary characters.", "so people love me?", "no Crowley. If your texting to yourself as the Lucifer in this show, your ass is still in the cage.", "What about Alex?", "cage with both Michael and Lucifer." I answer showing popcorn into my mouth. "Now shut up and watch the show." I press play.

I must say tonight was unexpected. Lulu never hangs out with me. Hell, I never thought he would spend some time with this 'hermit' as he likes to call me. I can't lie though it's a nice change of pace. He actually seems...normal. More laid back is a better term. I notice I'm smiling as we sit there watching the show. But I can't tell if it's from me having a fan girl moment over dean. Or if it's because of the time I'm spending with lulu.