Chapter 14

When I wake up Chloe has already left for work. I make breakfast and start to fill the tub for a bath to try and relax. I knock is heard on my door. "Be right there!" I shout. I open the door to see no one there. When I notice the painting I loved leaned up against the wall next to my door with a note attached to it.

You forgot the peace offering when you left.
                      ~ Lucifer

I smile for the first time it What seems like ages and bring the painting inside. After my bath I get changed and decide to head over to lux. When I walk in I'm greeted by maze, who always seems to be tending bar, and Lucifer's brother Amenadiel. "Hi guys." I say as I walk over to them. "Hope I'm not interrupting." I say and maze unexpectedly hugs me. "Good to see you too." I say and she backs away "I heard what happened. Are you okay?" Amenadiel asks "Yes, thanks for asking. How have you been?" I ask "I'm good." He says "what are you doing here?" Maze asks "I came to talk to Lulu before heading over to apply for a new job. He here?" I ask "he's on a case with Chloe." Maze answers. "Ok I'll swing by the studio and stop by later then." I say "He should be back by then. He's usually not long." She says "okay I'll see you later then. It was good seeing you again Amenadiel. Hopefully next time will be a bit longer. I need some embarrassing stories to hold over lulu's head should the occasion to embarrass him arise." I say he laughs "sure thing." He says and I leave to apply for the job.

(Maze's pov)

"Does she look familiar to you?" Amenadiel asks "yeah. she is Chloe's cousin after all." I say. "I feel like I've met her before." He says lost in thought "where? in heaven?" I say sarcastically "yes." He says unexpectedly. "You can't be serious? She's human." I say "you're sure?" He asks "....yeah." I answer after a slight pause. "There's never been anything to make you think she could be an angel?" He asks "other than her nickname that she hates, nothing." I explain.

(Angela's pov)

When I walked into the studio wanting to apply everyone was overly excited i wanted to work there. "So your finally coming to the dark side huh?" Hannah asks "the dark side has cookies how could I resist." I say and we both laugh. I have many friends here, If I can even call them that, so this will be a much better environment than the art studio. I hand in my application after a few minutes of filling it out and Penelope, the owner, says "technically we can't officially hire you until next week but you always had the job if you wanted it." She says "thanks! It means a lot." I say. "How you holding up? I heard what happened on the news." She asks "I think I'm doing better. At least I hope I am." "You look worn out but not as bad as I was expecting. So you must be doing better after all." She says with a reassuring smile. "Thanks. I have to get going I'm meeting up with a friend in a bit. I look forward to starting work." I say "we look forward to it as well!" She calls as I walk out the door with a wave.

I return to lux and maze tells me Lucifer is upstairs. I thank her and head up in the elevator. "Lulu? You up here?" I ask he walks out from his room wearing a robe. "I can come back if it's a bad time." I say knowing what the robe means. "Your fine. What is it you wanted to talk about?" He asks motioning for me to sit at the bar while he makes drinks for him and whoever he has in his room. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was kinda a bitch so sorry." I say "no need to apologize, love. You had been through a lot recently." He says. "Yea but I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I also wanted to thank you." I answer. "Again?" He asks "Yes, for the painting. I didn't think you'd actually give it to me." I say "we did have a deal after all." He says "right. I better not go to hell for it." I say jokingly "doesn't seem likely." He says and we share a short laugh. "Well I'll see you later." I say getting up from the bar stool. "Going so soon?" He asks "yup. You're busy and I should probably try to get some sleep." I say "right. Till next time then." He says "see ya. Thanks again, for everything." I say and enter the elevator.

I get down stairs and go say my goodbyes to maze. "Leaving already?" She asks "Yeah I haven't slept much lately figured I'd grab some food and turn in early tonight." I explain "I'll go with you to get food." She says "okay!" I say happy to have her tag along and that despite everything that's happened I still have friends. She grabs her coat and we go to a diner closer to my place. "It's weird not having you a lux." She says suddenly. "It still feels kinda weird not living there honestly. But I'm readjusting" I say "so what's this new job you applied for?" She asks. "It's a secret." I say not really wanting to tell anyone until I start. "Fine. I'm glad to see you're doing better though." She says "thanks. I feel like I'm finally doing better." I say. Our food arrives and before we know it we leave the diner. She going back to lux and I heading to my apartment.

When I walk in the door I change into comfy clothes and flip onto my bed. I didn't realize how worn out I had been until now. I easily fall asleep for what I hope will be the best night sleep in a while.