Chapter 21

(Angela's POV)

I keep having the same dream every night. I don't remember the last time I got a good nights sleep. I decide to take a shower since I'm up and there's little hope for me to find sleep again. When I get out of the shower and get changed into my clothes for the day, it's already five in the morning. I make some breakfast and watch a movie in the living room. The longer I watch the heavier my eyes get. I can't fall asleep. I won't go though it again. I quickly go to the kitchen and make some coffee. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I turn to see Lucifer in the doorway in his robe. "I could ask you the same thing...coffee?" I offer before pouring myself a cup. "Why are you up?" He asks "couldn't sleep." I shrug "was it the nightmare again?" He asks. I look to my cup and take a sip of my coffee. "Angela...", " leave it alone, Lucifer." I say and walk away.

(Lucifer's POV)

I sigh as she walks away. "Stop calling me that!" She yells turning back around "I didn't say anything.", her eyes widened "forget I said anything." She says in barely a whisper. "Is everything alright?" I ask making her stop. "It's fine...I'm fine." She answers without turning around then heads to her room. After having a cup of coffee, I decide to get dressed for the day. Suddenly I hear Angela screaming "LUCIFER!!!" I quickly go to her room to find her thrashing in her sleep tears running from her eyes and her clothes slightly damp with sweat. I quickly try to wake her. "Angela!" I shake her "Angela, wake up!" Her eyes shoot open and she gasps for air. "Hey... you're okay." I say as she looks to me with tears in her eyes. "What's happening to me?" She asks her voice cracking.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON

(Angela's POV)

I got myself together by noon. Lucifer decided it was time to tell Chloe about what's been going on with me. Next thing I know they both set me up an appointment with Lucifer's therapist. "I don't need therapy." I say as Lucifer drives me too her office. "You won't talk to any of us about it. You're hearing voices now for crying out loud!" He says I roll my eyes and wait for us to arrive. I get out of the car and so does he.  "I can walk myself in I'm not five." I protest "this is part of the deal until the detective finds jace." He answers causing me to roll my eyes. We walk in and we're instantly met by dr. Martin. "You must be Angela. Nice to meet you." She holds out her hand, I shake it "nice to meet you." I reply she asks Lucifer to wait in the waiting room and she brings me into her office. "Please have a seat." She motions to the couch as she takes a seat in her chair. I sit and look at her waiting for her questions but I quickly pick up on something. "You've slept with Lucifer haven't you?" She's surprised by my question "oh my god you have! And more than once by the look on your face." I say relaxing in the couch. "This- this is not why we're here." She says "yup! But I'm not talking about it. Not to you. Not to Chloe. And certainly not to Lucifer." I say "it has something to do with Lucifer. Doesn't it?" She asks. When I don't answer she takes it as a yes. "Has he hurt you, Angela?" She asks in all seriousness "god no! He wouldn't do anything like that. He's not actually the devil no matter how much he tries to say he is." I say. "Can you at least tell me how this nightmare makes you feel?", I hesitate to answer but quickly realize I'm not leaving this room until everyone gets some answers. "Terrified. On multiple levels." I answer looking away from her.

"What about it makes you feel this way?" She says looking at me with concern, taking notice of the bags under my eyes. I laugh before i cast my blood shot and tired eyes up to meet her well rested ones. "Everything. The fact that it feels like a memory, Death, punishment, pain. All in the hands of one man who I can't seem to recognize and he knows everything that's happened is because of me." I explain. We sit, in what almost feels like an awkward silence, for longer than necessary. Finally she has me wait in her office and she goes to the waiting area. "So much for patient confidentiality." I roll my eyes. She comes back in with Lucifer and he sits on the couch next to me. "You said Angela hasn't been sleeping because of the nightmares?" She asks we both nod "don't forget I've been hearing voices. Since that's the whole reason I was forced to come here." I say "seriously what is going on with you?" Lucifer turns to me "what do you mean? I'm just peachy!" I say with a smile " what do you see in that nightmare that makes you a completely different person?" He asks then dr. Martin chimes in "that's actually why I called you in." Lucifer turns to her "she said is feels like a memory. It sounds like trauma. Memories that you're brain has shut out but there coming back to you threw your dreams." She explains. "That would make perfect sense if I hadn't just met Lucifer and his brother a few months ago." I say, "Amenadiel?" Lucifer questions "he's in your nightmare as well?" He raises his voice as if he's mad. "Yea and your other brothers. Well really only Michael, then there's- " , I stop myself. I sound like a crazy person for crying out loud. Then again I probably am. "Who else?" Dr. Martin asks "no one. It's nothing." "Angela." Lucifer presses "I refuse to admit it's who I THINK it is.", "and who do you think it is?" Dr. Martin asks. I shake my head in protest. They both sigh "angel, who-" , "I'm not an angel!" I snap when Lucifer calls me by my nickname. Lucifer looks at me with wide eyes as a look of sudden realization play at his features. Dr. Martian, however, studies out interaction. "Linda. We'll be leaving now." Lucifer says abruptly grabbing my hand and leading me out to his car.

"Not that I'm complaining but, what was that back there?" I ask once we begin our drive back to LUX. "What?" He asks "Lucifer... are you okay?" I ask noticing how uncharacteristically distracted he's acting. "Yes I'm fine. Just processing." He answers. We pull up to LUX and I follow him inside neither of us saying a word. He heads straight upstairs. "So, how'd it go?" Maze asks "weird." I answer "really weird." I sit with her at the bar as she sips on her drink. "Weird how?" She asks "Lucifer called me by my damn nickname and when I said I wasn't an angel he instantly seemed different." I explain "that is weird. You try talking to him?", "yea but we both know how that ended." I roll my eyes. "I'm gonna head up and get ready for work. You taking me again?" I ask she nods before I head up to my room.

When The elevator doors open I find Lucifer standing in front of me. He just stares at me confused but also with concern. I step off the elevator and slowly walk past him to my room. He doesn't move. "Okay, What the hell?" I finally say "and don't say your fine. Your not acting like yourself.", "you're one to talk." He says turning around to face me. I roll my eyes "whatever I have t get ready for work." I walk off to my room. I change and head down to meet Maze. When I get off the elevator and walk down the stairs Lucifer stands waiting for me instead. "I thought maze was taking me. "I needed her to run and get some things for the club." , "alright let's go." I say and walk out before him to the car.

                                        ****
We arrive and head inside. "Hey, Angela." Mark greets as we walk in "who's your chaperone today?" He asks jokingly "this is Lucifer. Maze had to run some errands.", "nice to meet you!" Marks says to him "you too." Lucifer says mildly distracted by something. "The others here yet?" I ask , " not yet. Want to get some practice in for just us before they get here?", "yeah! Might well.", I put my bag down and we begin.

The others arrive and we all get in a bus to the venue for tomorrow's showcase. "Ok..." Hannah says standing at the front of the bus shortly after we pull away from the studio. "When we get there everyone will get there opening and pair costumes/ gowns and tuxedos for their routines." We all nod in agreement. And she goes over the line up and schedule for tomorrow's showcase. "Now remember guys this is a huge opportunity for the studio to get recognition and even some new people." Shortly after her speech we arrive at the venue and all head to our changing rooms. I make Lucifer go with the guys after some convincing. Since this afternoon it's like he's more worried about me. Then again sometimes it feels like he's studying me.

(Lucifer's POV)

I wait in the ballroom and one by one everyone starts to emerge from their dressing rooms. All but Angela. "Hey! You seen angela?" Mark comes over to me. "She's still in the dressing room I believe." I answer when we all hear "I'm NOT wearing this!" We all turn our heads to see angela and Hannah. Angela's face is scrunched and her hands on her hips. Her hair is tied up into a high, but long, ponytail, her outfit was a different story. It was a pink skin tight dress that ended much higher up than her red dress the night we met. It has pink tassels at the hem and holes over her belly button, cleavage, and her hips, with an open back. Your dancing the salsa, your going to have to deal for one night." Hannah says "dude... your staring." Mark whispers to me with a smirk on his face.

I had to admit it was hard not to stare, The dress suited her figure extremely well. Mark laughs when I don't look away from her. "Tell me something. Angela tells me your a bit of a lady's man. That true?" Mark asks as Angela and Hannah continue to argue. I chuckle with a smirk "perhaps.", "and you've been living under the same roof as Angela for months now?", "yes what's your point?" I ask not sure where this is going. "You're clearly into her, so why haven't you made a move?" He asks making me turn to him. "What?", "why haven't you made a move?" He asks again. I find myself at a loss for words. Why hadn't I? It's not like I haven't wanted to so.... why?