Chapter 6

Once noon arrives I enter the diner and find Chloe seated at a booth and take a seat across her. "Hey." She says half heartedly "what's going on?" I ask cautiously "where were you last night around 9 o'clock?" She asks "at an art exhibit with Jace." I answer confused "and he can vouch for you?" She asks "Yeah so Can Lucifer I ran into him there. Now tell me what's going on!" "Stacy was found dead last night in her apartment. Forced entry and signed of foul play were found." She says slowly. "Oh my god." I stare at the table not sure what to make of what she's telling me. "Am I a suspect?" I ask after a long and agonizing amount of time letting reality set in. "Yes at the moment you are. Since you had the motive of her stealing your things and the slashed tires that you think are her friends fault your in the line up. This isn't an official questioning though. Dan is the one working on that case since we're related." "Jesus." I say holding my head in my hands. "Now hear me out on this next part." She says I look up to meet her eyes. "What?" "Since you live alone and the case is open I don't want you living alone until the case is solved and your off the watch list." "I have a feeling I won't be living with you and no one is moving in with me by the sound of your voice." I say. A waitress comes over and we order before our conversation can resume. "So who am I to stay with?" I ask "I spoke with Lucifer and-" "no." I say cutting her off. "Angela." She says "no way. Both times I've held a conversation with him he has managed to piss me off can you imagine living with him?" I ask "it's just until they close the case." She says "with dan on it I doubt it will ever get solved." I say crossing my arms. "Angela. Just until it's closed." I hesitate to answer but it doesn't look like she's giving me much choice. "Fine." "Thank you." She says sounding relived "when am I moving in?" I ask "after we finish lunch I'll help you pack and bring your things over if you want?" "That soon huh?" I say sitting back in the seat.

_______

We finish lunch and Head over to my place, she helps me pack up some things and drives me to LUX. We grab my bags and she shows me inside. "Never thought o would be here again." I think aloud, "Lucifer! The detective and some girl are here!" The bartender from the other night calls as she cleans some glasses. "Hello to you too." I say she rolls her eyes and turns away from me. "Hello." Lucifer says coming down the stairs. "Hi." I say "I have to get trixie I'll talk to you guys later." Chloe says then leaves. "How are you?" Lucifer asks "really? Your gonna try small talk?" I ask that bartender laughs at my comment.

Lucifer walks me over to the bar "Angela this is maze." "We've meet." I say "right." He says looking between the two of us. "Can you just show me where I should put my things?" I ask "follow me." He says and I follow him up the stairs to an elevator. And we exit it's like walking into a second bar. He shows me around the corner "this is your room. Bathroom is the next door over." He says as I notice a painting on The wall. I set my things out side the door and walk over to it. It's the painting I wanted to bid on last night. "You won this?" I ask "yes unfortunately." Unfortunately? Are you kidding this was the best one there. Super jealous." I say "it's yours then when you go back to your place. Call it a peace offering." He says "Seriously?!?" I ask whiling around to face him. He nods "oh my god! Thank you!" I say "don't thank him I'm the one giving you the thing." He says "right I forgot. You think your the devil." I say walking back over to my things. "Why doesn't anyone ever believe me?" He thinks aloud. "Do you realize how insane that sounds? Let me guess maze is a demon sworn to serve you?" I ask mockingly "technology speaking yes. She was in charge for torcher back in hell." He says with a stone cold face. "Right. Well I'm gonna settle in." I say and enter the room as Lucifer leaves.