Chapter 16

(Angela's pov)

I end up spending the night at LUX in my old room. I'm not sure if is missing living with others or if I just missed living at LUX, but it felt strangely good to be back. I walk out of my room and shouted "see you later. Lulu!", "leaving so soon?" He asks walking out of his bedroom buttoning his suit jacket. "I have practice this morning." I explain grabbing my bag from the couch, "for what?" He asks, "my job. Myself and another instructor were invited to preform at a showcase to represent the studio." I answer. "I really have to get going now. Thanks for letting me crash." I wave as I walk into the elevator.

I enter the studio apologizing to mark for being a few minutes late. "It's fine. You actually have a visitor in the office who's pretty set on speaking with you." He says "who?" I ask, "I didn't ask. Said he was an old friend.", "Ok...? I'll be out in a second then." I inform. I enter the office to find the last person I expected to see. "Hello, Angela." Jace says standing before me with an apologetic smile painted across his face. "What do you want? I thought they arrested you." I proceed with caution. "They did. I got out. I needed to know you were okay." He says taking a step towards me as I take one back. My cellphone begins to ring, I see it's Chole and let it go to voicemail. It rings again, "answer it." He demands "no." I protest. If I don't answer she'll know somethings wrong. It stops ringing. "Please don't make me go through that again?" He pleads as he takes a gun from his jacket and aims it between my eyes. I tense as My phone begins to ring again, it's Lucifer this time. "Answer it not a word about me." He demands. I pick up my phone "h-hey Lulu. What's up?", "is he with you?" He asks. "Yeah. I'm fine.", "are you hurt?", "not at the moment." I answer "that could change though, so don't hold me to anything." I say hoping he'll understand. "Are you at the new studio?", "Yeah. But mark and I are in the middle of practice. I gotta go." I say then hang up the phone.

(Lucifer's pov)

"He's at the studio." I inform Chloe. We jump in a car and race over to the studio with other cops following. When we arrive we see a man yelling and banging on a closed door. "Angela!" , Chloe goes over to him, "move!" She tries to kick down the door. "I-I heard a gun shot!" He man yells. "Detective!" I press "working on it!" She tries again. "Move!" I shout at her. I kick in the door successfully. We rush in to see Angela lying on the floor. Blood pools around her from a gunshot wound. Chloe runs over to her and applied pressure to shoulder as Angela struggles to keep her eyes open, "Angela.... hey, look at me. You're gonna be fine." The detective says calmly even though you can hear the cracking in her voice. I find myself frozen in place at the sight. What did she do to ever deserve this? A lump starts to from in my throat. No matter how hard I try I can't get rid of it. What's wrong with me? "Lucifer!!" The detective yells pulling me from my thoughts. "Flag down the medics!" I nod and head out ad find them as they approach the building. Police are already talking with the man that was banging on the door trying to get in.

I point the medics to the room where Angela is and follow after them. Chloe backs away and lets them do their work. Once Angela is taken into the ambulance and it drives off Chloe's eyes change from worry to anger as she walks up to detective douche. "How the HELL did he get out, Dan!", " I don't know." He says defeated "well you better find out! And you better find him." Chloe storms off to her car and I follow. We get to the hospital only to find Angela is in surgery. "When can we see her?" I ask "I'll let you know when she's out of surgery." The doctor answers with a sympathetic look. Chloe and I take a seat and wait.

                                            ~~~~~

Hours pass before the doctor comes back over to us. We stand as he approaches. "How is she?" Chloe asks. "Would you like the good news or bad news first?", "good.", "well. We were able to stabilize her after the surgery. The bullet had broken into fragments. The bad news.... she lost a lot of blood. She may be out for a couple of days. I know she tends to have a good record with recovery time however, I'm afraid only time will tell with this one." He explains "can I see her?" She asks "of course." The doctor then leads us to her room.

When we walk in Angela lay unconscious on the hospital bed hooked up to machines. She looks terrible. "Hello?" What the? "Are you there" a woman's voice calls from, I assume, in my head. Chloe doesn't seem to hear it.