Chapter 9

I wake up the next morning to find Lucifer standing in my room. "You're a real creep you know that?" I say groggily as sit up "did you paint this?" He asks "of course I painted it. Why are you in here?" I answer "that's quite good." He says "thanks? Now why are you in here?" I ask "right. Detective douche is here to speak with you again." He says "fine tell him I'll be out in a second. I have to get dressed." I say stretching but he doesn't leave. "Get out, lulu. Now." I say shooting him a death stare. "Alright! Fine." He says putting his hands up in serenader and leaves. I throw on a pair of pajama bottoms and a hoodie before heading out to speak with dan. "What can I do for you?" I ask "where were you last night around eight o'clock?" He asks "in my room finishing a painting I brought home from work." I answer he looks to Lucifer for confirmation. "She was here sulking all night. She never has any fun." He says though the comment at the end wasn't needed. "It's a good thing your saying with someone then." Dan informs looking me in the eye. "What's going on?" I ask "one of Stacy's friends was found dead last night. Your off the suspect list for now but whoever this is might be going after everyone she knew." Dan explains. "So there's a possibility I'm a target as well?" I ask with caution "Yes." He says I sit down to try and focus as well as process everything. I seem to be doing this a lot as of late.

He eventually leaves and I call Chloe. "Hey, are you alright?" She asks "Fine. I jut spoke with dan for the case." I say "yeah he told me he was gonna." , "first I'm a suspect now a possible target! What am I supposed to do? He said I'm off the suspect list for now. What does that even mean?" I ask frantically. "Calm down. Just find something to do at night so you have more than just Lucifer as your alibi. Dan doesn't exactly trust him." She explains "perfect." I say sarcastically "don't worry it will all be over soon." She says "with dan working it. I doubt it will be over soon." I say. We say our goodbyes, I hang up the phone, and hold my head in my hands.

"So club tonight?" Lucifer asks I turn my head to make eye contact as he waits for my answer. I think about what Chloe said. "Fine. I'll come down. But I won't enjoy it. Happy?" I ask standing to head back to my room "very. Maze will lend you some clothes!" He shouts as I walk away. "No. She won't!" I shout back closing my door behind me as I enter my room. I work on my painting for a while longer when I hear arguing on the other side of my door. I walk out to see Lucifer arguing with a man. "Everything Alright?" I ask the two men turn to me. "Just Fine He was just leaving." Lucifer says. "Who is She?" The man asks "I'm Angela." I say not quite sure if I should give him my name. "Amenadiel." The man says "he's my brother." Lucifer says still mad about whatever they're arguing about. "Oh! Well it's nice to meet you." I say "you look familiar." Amenadiel says "your brother is friends with my cousin Chloe." I suggest "of course." He says but still studies me further. Lucifer seems to notice this and speaks up "weren't you leaving?" He says. Amenadiel can sense that he's not welcome. He nods to me with a smile before entering the elevator.

"What was that about?" I say crossing my arms "family issues." He replies "I meant why was he studying me?" "He's strange." Is all he says but he seems both confused and intrigued by his brothers actions towards me. "Your pretty strange yourself." I answer. "Isn't maze supposed to be getting you ready for tonight?" He asks clearly not liking the comparison to his brother. "No she's not. I'll wear what I want." "Do you have clothes fit for a club?" I hesitate to answer "I mean....no? Unless I wear Stacy's dress that she lent me last time I went Down to the club. But I probably shouldn't be walking around in a dress of a girl they think I killed." I say "that would be best." He says and proceeds to stare me down. "Ugh! Fine I'll go see maze." I say giving up and heading down stairs.

When I reach the club I see maze getting the bar ready for tonight. "Hey." I greet "Hey." "Lulu said to see you about clothes." I say "they're in the back. You can change there." She says. I head to the back and find a white and black dress. It shows more skin than the last dress I wore did which I didn't think was possible.