Chapter 3

Once morning comes I make fold up the mattress back into the couch and start to make breakfast. As if she knew trixie comes running out of her room and Hugs me almost knocking me over. "Good morning." I say with a laugh. "What are you doing here auntie angle?" "I got locked out of my apartment so your mom let me sleep over." "Are you making pancakes?" She asks "is that the only reason you came running out here?" "Maybe..." "well come on. You gonna help me or what?" She smiles and climbs up on one of the chairs to reach the counter top. As the last few pancakes are being cooked Chloe walks out greeting us. "You didn't have to do all this angel." She says "I didn't. Trixie made the pancakes." I State "ohhhhh. Well thank you both for breakfast." She says. We all sit down to eat. Once trixie is done with her food Chile has her go get dressed for school while we finish eating. "Can I ask how a detective and a club owner end up working together to solve murders?" I ask seeming to catch her off guard.

"Right. Well he actually insisted on helping solve the murder of his friend a few months ago and actually figured out a lot before we did. Long story short he's become a sort of consultant I guess. Not really sure what the title should be really. Oh and he thinks he's the devil." She explains. "Is that why he goes by Lucifer morningstar?" I ask "no that's his real name." "Wait, Seriously?" I ask. Just then the house phone rings and she goes to answer it. After a moment she holds the phone out to me I give her a questioning look. "It's Stacy." She says I get up and take the phone from her. "Hello, Stacy." I say try not to sound pissed "hey, about last night..." "which part? The part where you wanted me to hang out with you and your fake friends? Or the part when you all ditched me and left with my bag?!?" I practically yell as dan walks in the door. I give him an eye roll and turn away with my back to everyone.

"Look I have your bag. Nothing is missing. But..." "but what? What happened this time?" I ask "the girls may have had a party at your place last night." She says with caution " well then. Did they clean it up? Wait let me guess, they left it all to you, right?" I hear her groan in annoyance as a response. "Okay fine you win they're fake friends. Are you happy now?" She asks "Yes actually. Where are you now?" I ask "on my way to your apartment." "You know where my cousin lives right?" "Yeah." "Go there instead. I spent the night at her place." I answer and Hang up the phone. "She have your things?" Chloe asks "yeah. She's gonna pick me up and take me home." I answer. Dan then leaves with trixie to take her to school we all say out goodbyes. Chloe goes to grab her things then proceeds to leave as well. "Before I go just lock up when Stacy gets here with your keys. And would you be able to pick trixie up from school today?" She asks "Yeah no problem. It cool if she comes to the studio though?" "No naked models right?" She asks I cringe "after last time we all decided that's never happening again." I answer "so I even what to know?" "No." "Alright then. Thank you I owe you." She says "I think we're even now actually." I say she says good bye and I wait for Stacy. When Stacy arrives I grab my keys and lock up before hopping in her car. "Hey." She says "hi." I say buckling my seat belt. "Look I'm really sorry about last night." She says "so you've told me." "Seriously, Angela. I mean it." She insists. " just drive." I say, and after a long, silent, and awkward drive back to my place I go up to my apartment with out saying goodbye.

I get in and take a shower then work on cleaning up the mess Stacy left behind. By the time I finish I have to leave to pick up trixie. I quickly pack my art supplies and head out. But when I reach my car yet another surprise was waiting for me. Someone decided to slash my tires. Just fucking great! I call Chloe " hey, everything ok?" She asks "no. They slashed my fucking tires!" "What?!?" "Yeah, so I don't have a way to pick up trixie. I'm sorry." I say. "Don't be sorry it's not your fault. I'll swing by the school and pick her up. Are you still going to the studio?" She asks "after I have someone come down to write a police report and call the insurance company. But I should be there if you wanna drop her off there and I can take her home later. If I'm not there jace will be. I'm sure he wouldn't mind her hanging out for a bit." I answer. "Ok. I'll pick her up and swing by the studio." "Ok see you in a bit." I hang up the phone and call the necessary people about my car.