Chapter 18

(Lucifer's POV)

When I arrive at the hospital I enter Angela's room to find Amenadiel standing over her. "What are you doing?", "i am sorry.", "is she dead?" I ask with caution "no. But do as I said brother or she may end up that way. Again." I squint my eyes at his words "again?" But I don't get an answer. She begins to wake up so I get a nurse. After they tend to her they allow me back in the room "are you her friend?" The nurse asks "yes.", "good. She'll need one." She says and walks down the hall. I enter to find Angela sitting up eating soup. "How are you feeling?" I ask "sore." She answers and continues eating her soup not looking up from the bowl. There's a long silence but not an uncomfortable one. "How?" She asks "hmm?", "how did have get out?" I can visibly see her start to shake. "They don't know. They think an inside man. Nothing was on surveillance and no alarms sounded.", "tell me they got him. For good." She pleads her voice shaking, "I'm sorry he-", I'm cut off by a cry she lets escape visibly showing all signs of hope leaving her. "Why is this happening to me?" She asks I sigh "I don't know...." she lets a few more cries slip out before she composes herself "sorry." She says wiping her eyes "don't be.", "thank you, Lucifer." She says finally look up to meet my eyes. "What for?", " being here.... I would have probably gone mental if I woke up and no one was here."she tries to laugh. "Well there is a guard stationed outside your door. I'm sure he would have sufficed." I say. "I swear if I wasn't eating I'd use my good arm to throw this pillow at you.", "I'd expect nothing less." I answer giving her a reassuring smile. She eventually drifts off back to sleep.

Humans, they are such fragile things. One moment there fine the next they could be dying. However I find Angela is quite the opposite. Every time she is injured or insulted she recovers in record time. What an odd girl she is. I sit in the chair next to the hospital bed. The rise and fall of her chest that lets the world know the fight for life has ended and life had won. But what makes her so special? Why does my brother want her gone? More specifically away from me. She hasn't caused any trouble like he says she is capable of. Everything that has happened is because of Jace because of his fascination with her. Yet I find myself oddly drawn to her. Her eyes shift under her eyelids, she must be dreaming. I quickly realize I'm watching her sleep just like I had when she first came to LUX. She didn't quite like it then. I should leave, they only let me stay because I 'asked nicely'. I get up to leave and my brother appears for the third time tonight.

"What could you possibly want now?" I ask "for you to listen for once!" He practically yells. "If you hadn't noticed, I'm not exactly one for taking orders.", "I will not sit around and watch you destroy yourself. Not again." He says. "Are you talking about when I fell? When daddy dearest kicked me out of heaven?!?" I yell cautiously as not to wake Angela. "That is exactly what I'm talking about!" He yells causing Angela to slightly shift in her sleep. "What would a human have to do with that?" I ask now curious but Amenadiel stays quiet. "Fine, Don't tell me. I'll figure it out." I answer. "You would be wise to listen to me brother." He then vanishes seconds before Chloe comes into the room. "Lucifer?" She asks "Hello, detective.", "What are you doing here?" She asks. "Was in the neighborhood thought I'd drop by see how she was doing.", the doctor says she woke up.", "yes, She just fell asleep. I was about to leave." I answer. "Good night, detective." I sat and walk out as she returns my 'good night' with one of her own.