Chapter 1

Am I the only one who hates mornings? Yeah? Oh, ok.

"Miranda!" comes my name in shouts from across the hall. I pull my pillow over my head to block out the horrid voices coming from those stupid imbeciles I call "sisters".

"Miranda" they shout once more. I jump out of bed angrily and storm over to their room before bursting through the door. "Yes" I say through gritted teeth with my fists folded by my sides. They turn to me with smiles, completely oblivious to my anger.

"Oh there you are. I need my skirt to be ironed" said Ashley as she threw her navy blue skirt at me. Ashley was my step sister. She has strawberry blonde hair that was honestly really beautiful, baby blue eyes and hee face was donned with freckles. She stood at 5 feet 5 inches and was the shorter of the duo. She had a petite frame and would be considered pretty by anyone who doesn't know her personality.

Anyways, I caught the skirt as Alexandria barked her orders to me. "And I need you to get me my black sandals from downstairs" she said. "They are right there" I said to her out of annoyance, pointing to the sandals by the door way. "Oh, well then I want the silver ones" she said as she looked to where I was pointing.

Alexandria shared the same colour hair and eyes as her twin sister, but she was chubbier and was taller being that she was 5 feet 8 inches.

"Is that all?" I asked as I rubbed my temples with frustration. "Yes, you may leave" said Ashley as she made a waving gesture to me.

I went back to my room and slammed the door as I threw the skirt on to my bed. I trudged over to my wall mirror and checked myself. My dark plum coloured hair resembled a birds nest. My amber eyes sparkled in the light coming through my window.

I looked on the picture of my dad on the wall beside my mirror. His smile made me smile a bit as I looked at his kind hazel eyes. A tear fell from my eye and I quickly wiped it away. "Why did you go daddy? I miss you so much" I sobbed quietly.

"Aww, poor thing" I heard Ashley say from my door. I quickly dried my tears and turned at her with the best glare I could muster. "What do you want?" I asked. I didn't even hear her open the door. "If you could hurry up with your little pathetic moment, I would love for you to hurry it up with my skirt" she said with a sweet smile.

"Get out!" I shouted as the anger inside me rose to the surface. She laughed before she held up her hands in a surrender gesture and said "Ok, I'm leaving".

I violently wiped my eyes as I closed the door once more this time with the lock. I hurriedly ironed the skirt before I went over to their room and threw it onto their bed. I glanced at their wall clock and saw that it was now 7:39 a.m.

I ran back to my room and started to get ready for school. First with a bath then I got dressed. I had on faded blue skinny jeans, a black band t-shirt, a black beanie and my black and white converse. I grabbed my school bag and ran downstairs. I grabbed two breakfast bars and a bottle of water before running out to the driveway.

As the twins drove away in their sleak blue convertible, an old beat up blue pickup truck drove up behind it. Inside was my best friend Sarah Johnson. Some people would consider her a hippie kind of person but she was just fun loving and loved bright colours that's all.

She was the girl that changed her hair colour and style weekly. This week she had neon purple hair in a bob cut. She had on a bright pink tank top with yellow polka dots and a black shorts with yellow strappy slippers. She wore big black nerd glasses but they weren't medicated and had the prettiest big brown doe eyes.

"Hey Miranda, you ready?" she asked as I got into the truck. "Yep" I said popping the P and just like that we were heading to school.

**************

Please Comment, Vote and Follow
~A