Chapter 30

Immediately I'm surrounded by loud cheers, bright lights, sweaty people and a foul odor. It seems the door is sound proof because if it wasn't these shouts could've been heard from a block away.

     Ashton takes my hand and guides me through the crowd to a door that read 'Authorised Personnel'.

    Inside we saw a couple guys lounging about. Some were smoking, some drinking and some doing a bit of both. They all nodded at Ashton and he did the same.

    A guy with neon blue hair and an eyebrow piercing came over to us. He had electric green eyes and an intimidating posture.

    "Yow Ashton, what's up" he said to Ash as they did one of those guy hug things, all the while eyeing me. "Who's she?" he asks. "This is Miranda, nobody touches her" Ashton says to him and shouts the last part to everybody else in the room.

     They all groaned out but agreed none the less. "Nice to meet you dear Miranda. I'm Haze. Haze Langston" said the blue haired guy. He gave me a hug and guided me over to sit. Ashton disappeared behind a door, leaving me in this den of hungry lions.

      "So Miranda, this is the first time my dear little Ashy boy has ever brought somebody here. What makes you so special?" asked Haze. "Nothing special, we kind of made a deal for me to be here" I told him.

     "Oh ok, well it's nice to have you here. Don't trust anyone" he said in a serious tone before he smiled and added "Except me of course". I smiled back at him. He had a good aura despite his appearance. He seemed to be carefree and seeing that Ashton left me here with him, I guess he is trust worthy. Unless Ashton doesn't care and just left me here any way. I'd like to go with the former, thank you very much.

      Ashton returned in a pair of basketball shorts with his fists wrapped in some sort of cloth. Shirtless I might add. He searched the room till his eyes fell on me and he made his way over to us.

     "So Haze, who am I up against?" he asked. "Billy. He says he wants a rematch from last week" said Haze. Ashton laughed and said "Poor kid. Didn't get enough last time".

     Confident much. Anyways, they started to talk in hushed tones and I took this time to scan my surroundings. All the men in this room either had bruised up faces or were getting ready to fight. All except Haze. He seemed to be a manager type.

     "OK Miranda" said Ashton. "I'm sorry. What?" I asked, coming out of my observing state. "You're gonna stay with Haze while I go out there. Do not leave his side" Ashton said. "Aye aye captain" I said in a mocking tone. "Aww how cute" said Haze while he laughed and Ash just smiled.

     "Come on" said Haze. I held his hand and the three of us went into a long narrow hallway that lead to a black door. Ashton turned towards me and smiled. He came up to me and said "Kiss for good luck?"

     My cheeks immediately turned beet red and he laughed. "Aww, blushing suits you" he said as he kissed my forehead and left.

     Haze was looking at us with an amused look on his face. "This way" he said, taking my hand and we exited behind Ashton. The loud cheers erupted once again and we were surrounded by all the sweaty bodies.

     Haze made his way through the crowd until we reached a V.I.P area. It was just Haze, a couple other people and I. We were overlooking the ring.

    A pudgy looking guy was bouncing around in the ring. He had ginger red hair and freckles. The announcer announced that he was Billy then he announced he entrance of Ashton and the crowd got even louder.

      He was a crowd favourite. He looked up at me and gave me a 100 watt smile. I couldn't help but smile back. "Miranda and Ashton sitting in a tree K I S S I N G. First comes love then comes marriage. Then comes a little baby sitting in the carriage". Believe it or not Haze was the one to sing that.

    "So not true" I defended my self and tried to suppress the blush from appearing."Is too". "Is not". "Is too". "Dude how old are you?" I asked, laughing at his stupidity. "24" he answered. "I would have guessed somewhere along the lines of, oh I don't know. 70" I teased and he smiled. "I feel like 16 though" he said while sticking his tongue out at me and flexing his muscles.  "And you act like you're 3" I countered.

     We laughed and then he said "I like you Miranda". "Same here Haze".

   The announcer announce the beginning of he fight. All heads turned in the direction of the boys in the ring. The bounced around a bit. Billy threw the first punch. It connected with Ashton's lip.

     I flinched as he got hit. He seemed to have gotten angry. This was scary to watch. Ashton turned to us and looked at Haze. Haze nodded and started to talk to me but I wasn't paying him much attention.

     "You want something to drink? Come on let's go" Haze said and grabbed my wrist, pulling me from my seat. The crowd railed and made a lot of noise as I got dragged to the vending machine in the hallway.

    "The winner is Ashton!" shouted the announcer over the microphone. "Hey what was that about?" I asked Haze as he handed me a Pepsi. "You know what I'm talking about, the look Ashton gave you" I said as I opened the Pepsi and took a sip.

    "I don't know what you're talking about Miranda" he said. I decided to drop it and we entered back the small room that was filled with the guys from earlier. Ashton  was in the chair breathing heavily with a towel held to his lip.

    "Wow man, you ok over there?" asked Haze. "Yeah, you ok Miranda?" Ashton asked me. "I guess" I said with asked shrug of my shoulder. "What happened out there? With the look you gave Haze" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me, as per usual.

   "Oh, you saw that. I just didn't want you to see me get into monster mode. Don't want you to be scared of me. Fighter Ashton is different than the Ashton you know ok" he reassured me as me caressed my cheek. I nodded, not finding the courage to speak.

     Where was all this kindness coming from? I knew we agreed to be friends but this just seems a bit extra. Haze cleared his throat and told Ashton that he was gonna go back out and that he'll see him next time. As for me he told me the same and gave me a hug. "Bring her here more often Ashy boy, I like her" said Haze.

   Ashton gritted his teeth and balled his fist. "I told you not to call me that" he said to Haze which resulted in Haze's laughter. "Sure thing Ashy boy" he said with a mock salute and went back out to watch the next fight.

    "Ready to go?" he asked me. "Sure am" I told him and we left to go home. We stopped along the way and got some take out from Wendy's but that seemed to be it.

   After I got home and ate I put on my sleep ware and quickly drifted back to my favorite place. You guessed it. La-la-land.

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

Hey everybody, thanks for the votes. Please continue to vote, Comment and please do follow my account.
Xoxo
~A😙